Warning: array_merge(): Argument #1 is not an array in /home/realestatenet/public_html/forum/archive/index.php on line 76
Malaysia Real Estate :: View topic - Ara Damansara - Atilia

HOME  -    PROPERTY ADS   -   DISCUSSION FORUM   -   REALTORS   -   LINKS    -   CONTACT US

Realtors and Real Estate Agents - Sign Up for Free Account at Property.net.my >>

Malaysia Real Estate
Malaysia Real Estate Portal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ara Damansara - Atilia
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 61, 62, 63  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Property Investment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Martian

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wa lao!! Mat Motor Kev oso got koi pond! dem dem and triple dem jealous here...... Shocked

i must admit i'm the lazy type, i think if i got koi, they sure suffer from malnutrition......

just keypoh a bit.... i tot kois are quite hard to maintain in terms of water ph, cleanliness, space, food, chlorine.... etc etc.... not to mention expensive to buy in the 1st place.

how much did it cost u to have the ponds done kev?
brutus1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i heard to get good kois, one need to spend a lot on maintenance. it is not easy to rear as what i heard.
new kid

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kev wrote:
New Kid, 16ft wide is very big lah. How long is it? Your 3ft depth would be quite good to rear Japanese Koi. My pond is about 10ft (L) x 8ft (W) x 2ft (D) and I have Jap koi too. In my opinion, they are the best choice of fish for your pond. Don't waste such a big pond rearing goldfish or other aquarium fish. When it comes time to stock your pond, I'll let you know which shops to check out.

Aiyoo...alwiz confuse this length and width thingy.. Embarassed Embarassed ok,length is 16ft, width 4ft, depth around 3 ft...actually want a small pond onli but 1nce the contractor start constructing the pond, become big alreadi..too late to stop once hole alreadi dig up kaw kaw..luckily paid him Lump sum , so no need to top up extra $$$ke cheng..

mm..jpanese koi sound like good idea, wonder how much $$$ it gonna cost to buy 1 ?. If too much maybe rear tilapia or somethin like that and got f.o.c supply of fish from the pond.. Smile

mayb after 10 yrs plus can get back the pond cost ..spend BIG $$$ alreadi on this pond..abt RM 10k ++
Martian

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wa lao...... 10k for a pond?!!???! u must reli reli love your fishy.... kekekeke.....

good idea to have tilapia and such.... edible ones so tht you can recoup somewhat of ur pond cost. some more guarantee fresh and healthy. no pollution. but becareful oh, no dogs or pets.... they may find it convenient to answer nature call in ur pond...... Shocked

another worry is u bcome too attached to ur tilapia. end up not willing to cook it...... kekekeke...... Wink
Kev

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually 10k is good price for that size of pond. Mine cost about 13k and that was considered cheap after shopping around a few places. Koi are actually very hardy fish and very easy to look after once the bio filter is up and running. They are nowhere as difficult as marine aquarium fish to look after. The filters also require very little maintenance if designed properly. So all you need to do is feed them twice a day and do a major clean of the filters about once every year. How big they grow are very much dependent on the size and depth of the pond.

For a nice specimen baby koi, the cost can range from RM300 to RM800. For more average specimens, they range from RM50 to RM250. Full grown ones cost anything between RM2k to the most expensive one I've seen in Malaysia which was RM250k. Since this is your first pond and you're not a serious koi keeper, just go for the little ones that cost less than RM100. For a pond your size, you'll just need about 10 to 15 fish and they'll grow big in no time.
Martian

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kev wrote:
Actually 10k is good price for that size of pond. Mine cost about 13k and that was considered cheap after shopping around a few places. Koi are actually very hardy fish and very easy to look after once the bio filter is up and running. They are nowhere as difficult as marine aquarium fish to look after. The filters also require very little maintenance if designed properly. So all you need to do is feed them twice a day and do a major clean of the filters about once every year. How big they grow are very much dependent on the size and depth of the pond.

For a nice specimen baby koi, the cost can range from RM300 to RM800. For more average specimens, they range from RM50 to RM250. Full grown ones cost anything between RM2k to the most expensive one I've seen in Malaysia which was RM250k. Since this is your first pond and you're not a serious koi keeper, just go for the little ones that cost less than RM100. For a pond your size, you'll just need about 10 to 15 fish and they'll grow big in no time.

wah, have to upgrade Kev from Mat Motor to Kev the Koi King..... kekekeke...... KKK..... Shocked

i saw a bungalow where the owner dug something like a 'channel' or moat at the backyard bordering his house's rear exit. it's like if u walk from the house and want to go out to the backyard, u need to walk across a bridge or smthg like that! dunno how much it costs......

so all in, pond costs, baby kois and filter thing, i think easily 20k?
Kev

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, KKK has a nice but evil ring to it.

Nah, 13k includes the filters and pumps as well. I only have 11 koi and they cost me less than 1.5k. They have grown quite nicely and I guess should be worth at least 5k now. Much better capital appreciation than the house.
Martian

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KKK had a bad rep..... anti-blacks in US especially. now not sure still got or not, up to you, Kev the Koi King to rebrand the whole KKK thing......

kekekekeke...... pretty nice cap appreciation but need to include cost of pond/filter/food etc........ also kennot last as long as the house........ Wink

my intermidiate unit very de boring..... cement cement and more cement. just park the cars there. at the back of the house no space oso. can pretty much say the whole thing is fully cemented. not environmentally friendly at all....... well, console myself that upkeep is easier and cheaper....... Wink
Martian

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just found out that rapidkl has started servicing AD!! hurrah! public transport at last! 2 destinations at the moment..... kl sentral and subang parade. 20/40 min interval during peak/non-peak. not very frequent for sure but better than none!

kl sentral and subang parade are sensible and practical destinations to me. although i dun take public transport that often, it's comforting to know that it is there should i need it..... Wink
ooice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martian wrote:
just found out that rapidkl has started servicing AD!! hurrah! public transport at last! 2 destinations at the moment..... kl sentral and subang parade. 20/40 min interval during peak/non-peak. not very frequent for sure but better than none!

kl sentral and subang parade are sensible and practical destinations to me. although i dun take public transport that often, it's comforting to know that it is there should i need it..... Wink

Grabbed this info from rapidkl website:
Bus no. 607
Route: berkeliling : Bt 10 L/raya Persekutuan- Jln Lapangan Terbang Subang - Ara Damansara - Seri Kelana Condommunium - RapidKL- Jln 1A/41- Jln 1A/3 _ Jln 1A/20 - Jln 1A/5 - Jln Lapangan Terbang- L/raya Persekutuan Bt 10

from d info, d bus doesnt go 2 Subang Jaya. D last station is Bt 10, Federal Highway, is it somewhere near Nanyang Siang Pao?

.://..rapidkl.com.my/Area%206%20Route%20Profile.htm
.://..rapidkl.com.my/rapidbus_route_area5n6_dsarapchgpjsbgsbgjyshalamklgptklg.htm

Last edited by ooice on Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
ooice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martian wrote:

Grabbed this info from rapidkl website:
Bus no. 607
Route: berkeliling : Bt 10 L/raya Persekutuan- Jln Lapangan Terbang Subang - Ara Damansara - Seri Kelana Condommunium - RapidKL- Jln 1A/41- Jln 1A/3 _ Jln 1A/20 - Jln 1A/5 - Jln Lapangan Terbang- L/raya Persekutuan Bt 10

from d info, d bus doesnt go 2 Subang Jaya. D last station is Bt 10, Federal Highway, is it somewhere near Nanyang Siang Pao?

.://..rapidkl.com.my/Area%206%20Route%20Profile.htm
.://..rapidkl.com.my/rapidbus_route_area5n6_dsarapchgpjsbgsbgjyshalamklgptklg.htm
Martian

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey! u r right ooice! no mention of subang parade. however, when i looked at the graphical representation i think BT 10 quite close to parade? somewhere btwn parade and motorola???? but sounds very familiar la batu 10......

will need to check out the actual info board at the bus stop i think.....
Martian

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

update! the 607 bus doesnt stop at subang parade but the good news is that it stops at ktm station, near carrefour. pretty close to subang parade. it doesnt go down to kl however. need to switch bus at either Batu 10 (somewhere near Glomac on Old airport road) or if u want to, carrefour there. but as with other rapidkl buses u can keep ur ticket and use it again on ur way back. so RM1 to go from AD to Bt10, another RM1 to go to KL, then return trip just use back the ticket.

hmmmm......RM2 return trips from KL. very cheap no.....????? Very Happy
ooice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martian wrote:
update! the 607 bus doesnt stop at subang parade but the good news is that it stops at ktm station, near carrefour. pretty close to subang parade. it doesnt go down to kl however. need to switch bus at either Batu 10 (somewhere near Glomac on Old airport road) or if u want to, carrefour there. but as with other rapidkl buses u can keep ur ticket and use it again on ur way back. so RM1 to go from AD to Bt10, another RM1 to go to KL, then return trip just use back the ticket.

hmmmm......RM2 return trips from KL. very cheap no.....????? Very Happy

Very cheap indeed. D only pbm is waitin time. I tried 2 go 2 Cyberjaya by bus once. Took T43 from KJaya LRT station 2 Putrajaya. At Putrajaya waited 15 mins 4 d local bus from Putrajaya to Cyberjaya. RapidKL bus new route concept is good only if their bus is punctual. I heard complain from ppl who need 2 change 3 buses just 2 go 2 places abt 10km away. Just imagine average 15 min waitin time x 3 = 45 mins wasted..

As 4 Komuter....those who commute on it regularly ll know its reputation Very Happy
Martian

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh ya, punctuality and frequency are the two main gripes about our public transport. i havent been on a commuter for years. my destinations usually can be served by putra lrt so i'm quite lucky! kekekeke......

the new routes rationalisation seems fine as far as i'm concerned. although i need to switch bus in order to get to kl, i cant complain much bcoz AD now still not populated so the volume is not there yet. just hope the buses are well kept, schedules adhered to and frequency subsequently increased!

dun know why but i have better hopes for the current rapidkl to succeed as compared to its predecessors. politics should not interfere in planning routes......
Kev

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Preliminary valuation on my house came back at 850k. Very sad considering it cost me 790k and I pumped in 300k on renovations and fittings. I'm trying to comfort myself by assuming that value is probably based on indicative prices for similar deals done there which may be for unrenovated units. If I go for the loan top up, they'll do a more thorough valuation report then.

Overdraft quoted at BLR + 0.38%, or Term Loan at 1.5% for Year 1, BLR -1% for Year 2 and BLR + 0.1% thereafter.

Was talking to my colleague just now about his new house in Aman Suria. Damn, he said intermediate units 22x75 there cost 800k and the corner lots about 1.2 to 1.3mil. It's funny because the Semi-D price of about 1.3k and Bungalows about 1.8k are not that dissimilar to AD, but their DSL so much more expensive.
Martian

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kev. sorry to hear abt ur experience but like u said, all is not lost yet. u still have the actual valuation. i share with u my experience.....

i bought my renovated, extended and partially furnished Pelangi intermediated but facing t-junction unit at 475k. basic unfurnished pelangi asking for 500k. endlot w/o land, extended and minimally furnished but with unit number 13A with electric pole outside pelangi unit asking 540k. this was about 5 months ago. valuation came back saying my unit valued at 475k..... mind u, this is the 'full' valuation done for the banker

i was pretty surprised so i called up the valuer. they say they agree my unit should worth between 500k-550k roughly. but bcoz the difference is not 'too big' from the loan amount, they just put 475k to 'support' the loan. since it doesnt affect my loan amount, i just let it be.

so my suggestion would be when the valuer comes, treat them VERY well and show every single dem value-adding item u have done to the house, including every ekor of ur RM5k koi fishies. show them all ur reno bills. then, i think no choice but to 'beg' a bit and ask them to help as u want to top up loan. i think u need to indicate to them how much u think ur house is worth. if u plan to top up to 850k, u should tell them u think ur house worth 950k (90% financing) at least. be prepared to defend if they ask how is ur house comparable to semi-d prices.

Aman suria's offerings are much more expensive than AD. partly bcoz launching prices higher at 488k for 22x75, 918k for semi-d, 1.5M for bungalows. they r also lower densed, more quality furnishings, surrounded by established commercial areas and good landscaping with clubhouse facilities. their semi-d and bungalow prices appear 'similar' with AD bcoz their semi-d has much smaller plots of land (38x80) compared to AD (45x85) while their bungalow is about 6k sqft land area compared to AD's 7.5k to 15k.

we can always hope that once ara walk and dataran ara together with the whole development of ara hill and tropicana link completed, AD will see prices matching those of aman suria.......... if not exceeding them!! kekekekeke...... Very Happy
ymh88

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"we can always hope that once ara walk and dataran ara together with the whole development of ara hill and tropicana link completed, AD will see prices matching those of aman suria.......... if not exceeding them!! kekekekeke...... "

Martian....I agree with u 100% la.
Also dont forget the LRT extension to Ara D and also the Crimara Mall that's coming up.

One day we will be there....dream on... Very Happy Wink
Martian

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah! must therefore continue to work hard to help Sime promote AD. i think they feel comfortable with wat they achieved oledi..... never promote AD except during first few days of new launches. after completely sold off, they went into hibernation to wait for future launches again....... Mad

since they have future launches in AD, i think they should look at it as an investment and continue to promote AD once in a while. nothing special needs to be done, just an advertisement here and there, every now and then to promote awareness of AD. still quite a lot of ppl give me blank looks when i mention i'm moving into AD..... Confused
Martian

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh ya, just some minor updates regarding AH. planning to launch next month with prices ranging from 380-400 per sqft.

anyone interested in one or just like kaypoh like me, should register themselves at ..arahill.com

still cant get over it.......... SOOOOO BLARDI EXPENSIVE!!!!!!!!!!!
Kev

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the valuation tips, Martian. Anyway, based on the 850k valuation, the banker said I can top up about 80 - 90k which is enough for me. She said that she will try to help me save on the valuation fee and check if they can waive that requirement.
Martian

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi kev. will be good news if they can waive the valuation requirement. they should know pretty well roughly the market price there. topping up another 80-90k?!!??! that's a lot man! if the interest is attractive, top up as much as you can. make some investment to earn back something before paying back to bank when interest gets higher.

by the way, forgot to mention.......... 300K FOR RENO AND FURNISHING?!?!?!?!?!! can buy a whole house in cash oledi!!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked

respect respect.........
Kev

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martian, you give very good financial advice. Are you a financial consultant or something? You're right about taking as much as I can and invest, but I really don't know what I can invest in that is safe and quite guaranteed to give a decent return. Any suggestions? I've not been lucky so far in my life in any form of investment - property, shares, lottery or any form of gambling.

Frankly, I was not extravagant in my reno and fittings but they all just seem to add up. For eg., lights, fans, air-con and switches 20k, kitchen cabinets 28k, tile cost and labour (for hacking and re-tiling) 21k, curtains and blinds 9k, grilles 6k. It actually makes me so sick to think about it. So maybe now you can start to understand why I need to top up that much. Sad
Martian

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Kev. kekekeke...... i'm unofficial "part time" financial consultant..... unofficial bcoz no one pay me anything for my 'advices'! muahahahahaha...... Very Happy actually just interested in finance so did some reading up on my own.... Embarassed

the safest of course in FD but we all know it is not flexible (cannot withdraw early) and the shorter the tenure u commit, the lower the interest rate. CIMB launched something money multiplier. earn 3% interest if balance over RM10k on any day. they calculate interest daily, pay at month end, compound monthly. if balance drops below RM1k, incur monthly maintenance fee of RM5 bcoz this got cheque book and ATM , like current account. the downside is there is one free withdrawal per month, subsequent withdrawal gets charged a ridiculou RM5 per transaction. this is good if one has >RM10k and not sure where to invest. interest is very very good since you can withdraw anytime. but dun treat this like normal savings a/c, otherwise the withdrawal charges wil easily exceed interest earned!

prop, shares and mutual funds are all longer term type of investment, usually >5 years. so not advisable to use 'short term' money to invest in these. one can argue shares can generate big returns even in short term especially if got 'tips' but we know how it usually turns out.......

so i guess depending on your loan's interest rate and how long u can wait b4 u repay the bank, money multiplier is the way to go.

wah! ur lightings and aircons dem expensive! must be pretty cool and chic designs! kitchen cabinet also dem geng! did u retile ur whole house, both inside and out? or u use quality tiles? i guess it really adds up at the end of the day without realising huh? i'm now preparing a list of wat i plan to do and proposed budget so tat i dun get surprised by the huge total sum at the end of the day....... Wink
Kev

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think rule of thumb is that you should expect at least 20% extra cost no matter how well you plan/estimate.

Seriously, there is nothing special about my lights. Mostly downlights and a few wall and pendant lights (slightly less than 100 units in total at average of about RM110 per unit). Perhaps being corner unit, it's also because I have a few extra lights in the garden and balcony, terrace.

I think for wet and dry kitchen, easily will be more than 10k if just use laminate top. I used granite and stainless steel top so had to add a bit. You are lucky you already have kitchen cabinets otherwise you'll realise how much you have to spend in this area.

I maintained the marble flooring in the living room and the parquet upstairs, but retiled all the bathrooms and kitchen. Also had some additional tiling for the extended areas. All MML tiles and again, just normal quality only.

Perhaps not really worth taking extra loan than what I need unless I have some better plans than FD. Even if I take 100k extra, to invest at 3% interest rate only gives me 3k interest for the whole year. The HLB term loan interest is low at 1.5% only for Year 1 so not much that I can earn based on the interest differential.

Ya, I really got no confidence in "tips" after being burnt in 1997. I really have very little investment luck. Guess I'm doomed to a lifetime of "da koong chai" for other people. Sigh...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Property Investment All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 61, 62, 63  Next
Page 20 of 63

Jump to: