Warning: array_merge(): Argument #1 is not an array in /home/realestatenet/public_html/forum/archive/index.php on line 76
Malaysia Real Estate :: View topic - Ara Damansara - Atilia

HOME  -    PROPERTY ADS   -   DISCUSSION FORUM   -   REALTORS   -   LINKS    -   CONTACT US

Realtors and Real Estate Agents - Sign Up for Free Account at Property.net.my >>

Malaysia Real Estate
Malaysia Real Estate Portal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ara Damansara - Atilia
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 61, 62, 63  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Property Investment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Martian

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow ymh88, hope u didnt have to type the whole thing! thanks a lot for the article.

rc3rc, thanks so much for the well-wishes! kekekeke...... looking forward to those days!

yeap, AD's commercial potential is slowly but surely taking shape. if a bank were to open there, i think it will definitely jump-start the whole thing to even greater heights. but so far so good, the shops that opened there seemed pretty good so far, some of which u hv commented. let's hope they maintain it that way and got enuf support from local AD residents to remain in business! the mini-market shld be pretty useful.
LBI

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duke, how come no new postings on yr Kingdom??? Laughing

Saw an ad on Ara Hills today in the papers - it's designed by BEP Akitek, the arthitect for Sierramas, Bkt Persekutuan, Desa Kudalaria nd Cendana. Condo range from 1300sf to Cabana villas (looks like 3 storey semi Ds) at 4500sf. Penthouse is around 5000sft! Shocked
Martian

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord LBI, not much else to update ma so didnt post anything. funny thing that i couldnt get any info on AH from Sime's website. even the ..arahill.com website is a one page thing with location and registration forms. guess they are not ready to review anything yet.

according to the interview by the Edge which ymh88 has so kindly provided, the penthouse unit is just gigantic! 5k sqft is like twin units of Pelangi units side-by-side! if the price of 400per sqft holds, then it's asking for a cool RM2M. even RM300 psqft would be asking a lot at RM1.5M. maintenance could add another 1k expenses per month! maybe similar cashoutflow as compared to buying a bungalow unit in AD. of course, not even the bungalows have 5ksqft of b/u

i guess i'm just waiting for the price. i hope Sime wont be carried away by how their DSLs were sold out and decide to price these condos. btw, does Sime has any experience in developing and maintaining condo projects?
brutus1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sime does have experience in making condos but not to the level of AH. the condo in USJ17 is an example.
the piece of land earmarked for AH if not mistaken is very near the HT cables. hope they will convert more commercial land into residential for AD.
linustw

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ara Hill ~ 6 acres is a very small piece of land. Somemore squeeze in 400units. That works out to be 66.67units/acre. Don't you all think is a bit densed? On top of it, the 1/2m price tag...but surely the design will be top notch. Another For Own Stay investment.
LBI

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ad appeared again in today's paper-it said it has density of 25 units per acre only linus ie it's 16 acres, not 6 acres. Sime really spent a lot of money promoting AH and employing renowned archtitect and landscape consultant for it-so dont expect the price to be cheap!!!

I think the best known condo built by Sime so far is the one at the traffic light junction of Persiaran Kewajipan & LDP. 5Ksqft b/up really very big ler, in fact too big for a couple without children-can invite your parents, grandparents and siblings to stay there lah Duke??? Laughing
linustw

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LBI wrote:
The ad appeared again in today's paper-it said it has density of 25 units per acre only linus ie it's 16 acres, not 6 acres. Sime really spent a lot of money promoting AH and employing renowned archtitect and landscape consultant for it-so dont expect the price to be cheap!!!

I think the best known condo built by Sime so far is the one at the traffic light junction of Persiaran Kewajipan & LDP. 5Ksqft b/up really very big ler, in fact too big for a couple without children-can invite your parents, grandparents and siblings to stay there lah Duke??? Laughing

Misprinted in the Edge Newspapers. Confused Another misprint. Wonder if anyone bother to check facts before print?

Waloa, Luke AD only paid attention to Penthouse Laughing
gkalim

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:27 am    Post subject: ARA HILL Reply with quote

Hi

Is the Ara Hill going to be built between Semi D and the Banglow?
LBI

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To the west of Ara Hill will be the bungalows, to the south will be the semi Ds. To the north of AH will be Tropicana.
Martian

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wah, I think i'm not the person with highest potential to get AH unit. from Lord LBI's detailed knowledge, I think he may senyap-senyap get one. maybe even the penthouse unit! kekekeke.....

linus, i "paid attention" to the penthouse unit because Lord LBI brought it up ler. i dun think I will ever buy that unit at that price, might as well buy bungalow in AD. or 2 units of semi-D and combine into a bungalow!

how's ur thing with M18 linus? booked already ah?
LBI

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duke, told u oredi mah, now in heavy debts liao furnishing my house in PH, I'm not so loaded like you lah, bought AD hse & then Sunway Ridzuan condo!!! Laughing

Generally I prefer landed props so the penthouse is out of my list ler! If I hve the $$$ I will be like you, buy the bungalow in AD rather than the penthouse.

Dont know how much the 3 storey semi D in AH will cost, probably as high as the cost for the AD bungalows??? Shocked
Martian

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

got semi-D meh Lord LBI? only condo and condo villa ma as far as i know. villa is 3 storeys high.

i think Lord LBI not so simple one. must be keeping tonnes of bullets and then combine all those gunpowder to create nuclear-equivalent power then parang several units kau-kau one shot. if i'm seller, i will peeing in my pants... kekekeke..... Laughing Laughing
LBI

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I wish I have the $$$ 2 parang u like crazy until u s*** Duke!!! Laughing

It's known as resort villas lah Duke not condo villa-looks like semi Ds to me from the drawing.
Martian

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eh?! why throw 4-letter words at me Lord LBI?!?!?! suddenly so worked up? kekekeke...... Wink

resort villa? hmmm.... not clear about tht. is it mentioned in the newspaper ad ah? forgot about it la, not very informative. from the The Edge article, it's just mentioned as low-rise villa. it's only 3 storeys so i guess it's not surprising ppl mistaken it for semi-Ds.

planned construction commencing early 2007, completion early 2010. still very long way to go. pricing still hush hush, 'subject to ministry approval' was the reason given. regarding Tropicana Link, still awaiting greenlight from MBPJ, maybe need more grease to get the thing going. possible DSL launch in 2007. converting some commercial titles to residential ones now.
LBI

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

U said u will pee only mah, I said u will s*** loh !!! Laughing Nothing vulgar lah, just joking only lah Duke!

Yeah, come to think of it, I think it's possibly a low rise condo and not sem-D lah although it looks like a semi D for me.

Wah, NATO only for Tropicana link??? Which phase in AD will be the worst affected by the link?
Martian

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if not mistaken, the link is closest to phase 2, near the apartments there. if it is really there, then that junction could be a bottleneck. ppl coming from AD heading to tropicana/BU or LDP and the other way from Tropicana to subang old airport road/federal highway.

i guess phase 1 will only be affected if going towards tropicana/BU direction. if go to LDP, can still take shortcut via Crimson Condo.

I guess MBPJ taking NATO stance is nothing to be surprised about. no benefit to them councilors or mayors ma. maybe need another directive from Selangor MB then only move.

The Ara Hills is only strata title, either condo or the villas. no landed props. annexed to it will be some commercial props. still no banks at the moment but hopefully one will open soon as more shops and houses are getting occupied now. after balik kampung for CNY, take angpow money to open new bank account! kekekeke....
LBI

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AD's squatter neighbours still there??? Laughing They lagi "high class" than the AD residents lah, their houses being located on higher ground!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Wah still got commercial props in AD/AH??? I think more than enough liao in AD with other developers also building commercial props in/next to AD!

Sime said AH will be on the highest land in AD-I thought the highest land has been occupied by the bungalows??? Is AH's land really the highest in AD???
linustw

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martian wrote:
how's ur thing with M18 linus? booked already ah?

I wish but now I am not too sure. From pix, the telecom building and antenna station are really an eye-sore. Also plenty of vacant land surrounding. Not sure what sort of thing will come out.

I generally like the 1600BU that comes with KL view but price is a bit high at Rm360k, and doesn't come with balcony. I don't feel good living in a place where you can't step out from the home without the need to take lift all the way down to ground floor. How abt you? Is M18 on your card?
Martian

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh ya, the squatters. forgot to comment about them. the state govt/local council has plans for them. already got low cost flat some where in kelana jaya to relocate them to. even now also the squatters are relocating, the 'size' of the area is getting smaller IMO.

AH really high ground. i dun know about feng shui but i think should be got lots of feng blowing and they going to do some water feature. so u got feng, got shui and also got "mountain". good feng shui no? kekekeke.....

linus, i'm neutral with M18. location's generally good but like u, i'm worried abt the telekom stations and the empty lands. worried if those will be turned to other towers.... imagine u got telekom towers, maxis, digi and another separate one for celcom.... north, south, east, west.... kekekeke....... LOTR got Two Towers, M18 got 4.... Shocked

anyone knows if one buys a beat-up prop to reno, will bank come up with some extra financing for the reno? say surrounding props about 400k for standard unit but got super parang of say 320k for a run down unit. then reno about 100k for extension, etc to make value around 450k. will bankers support??
LBI

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So linus, u going to give up on M18 & considering Saffron now??? A few Forummers said YTL gave lousy quality for the materials in LE & Tamarind-I have been to LE's show house-nothing great but not that bad either-didnt see clearly though because spent less than 10 min in it. It's better that you see the completed Maple condo to see whether the quality is really that bad. Can also pretend to be an interested buyer in Tamarind so that the Agent can show you the unit ie you can assess whether the quality is lousy or not!

Good news for you lah Duke squatters moving out! Wah now considering buying a run down landed prop in Menjalara kah Duke??? Shocked U printing marnie izzit???? Laughing

Dont quite understand your question Duke-how much u want to borrow for reno works? Some banks do provide reno loan in addition to housing loan. Normally banks will give max 90% of market value of prop as loans so u can borrow 70K for reno loans. I think some banks will give additional 10% of loan amount as reno loans.
Martian

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no la lord LBI. a friend of mine was wondering if he should buy a house at good bargain but run down unit. he scared not enuf cashflow to properly ext and renovate the unit so thinking of getting reno loan from bank.

in my example, say for a normal basic house, mkt value is 400k. but then there is this run down and vacant house in need of heavy maintenance. seller decide to sell at 320k. so can we say mkt value is 320k since there are no other equivalent run down unit in the area? when buy applies for loan, he is thinking of putting in 100k worth of reno works which will cause the newly renovated house to have a mkt value of 450k (for argument's sake only). my question is, can the buyer loan (320k x 90%) + 100k = 388k loan amount? will bank charge a separate and higher interest for the 100k reno loan if approved?

squatters moving out is definitely a good thing. they will get proper housing, we residents have peace of mind and hopefully prop value will increase! win-win......
LBI

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last time I applied for housing loan was more than 2 yrs ago lah Duke, so can't answer yr question-furthermore didnt bother to ask about reno loans as I was not keen. If I'm not wrong, if the MV of the houses is RM400K then yr friend should have no problem borrowing RM288K (90% x RM320K). RM100K reno loan is quite high and I think the bank may loan max 90% of MV of house ie RM360K only. Therefore, probably the reno loan max is RM360-RM288K=RM72K only. I think I have seen the ad in the bank for reno loan saying that the max amount is only 10% of MV of hse only. Usually banks dont give high reno loans to borrowers, the most probably RM10-20K.

As to whether they charge same interest rate for reno loan or not this one I reali tada tau loh! Laughing Yr friend have to enquire from the bankers.

For feng shui, the best location of the hse is if you have water in front and mountain at the back. So AH have the lake in front, but any mountain at the back???
Martian

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

situated ON a hill..... consider good feng shui or not? although got mountain at back, better not be too close, nanti got risk of land slide!!

am not sure whether the back of AH got mountain or not but as I said, it is sitting on high ground (hopefully not more than 40 degree angle! kekekee..... but i think from the artist impression drawing, behind the condos still got elevating terrain.... can consider mini-mountain??
brutus1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any idea when they are going to launch the property there? i heard Q4 but when specifically?
Martian

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no specific dates set yet. they are getting approval from authorities. you can go to their website ..arahill.com to register. they will contact you once they are ready to launch.

planning to get one brutus1? you have a pretty insatiable appetite when it comes to prop ya? how many props have u sunk ur teeth into so far?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Property Investment All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 61, 62, 63  Next
Page 10 of 63

Jump to: