Warning: array_merge(): Argument #1 is not an array in /home/realestatenet/public_html/forum/archive/index.php on line 76
Malaysia Real Estate :: View topic - Ara Damansara - Atilia

HOME  -    PROPERTY ADS   -   DISCUSSION FORUM   -   REALTORS   -   LINKS    -   CONTACT US

Realtors and Real Estate Agents - Sign Up for Free Account at Property.net.my >>

Malaysia Real Estate
Malaysia Real Estate Portal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ara Damansara - Atilia
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Property Investment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kcong

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject: Ara Damansara - Atilia Reply with quote

Any one has the update on the Tropicanal access road in ara damansara? Is the access road been approved?

Planning to buy the Atilia 22*75 double storey house for RM440K which just got the CF this month. Is it a good buy? Any advise will be appreciated.

Thanks
pecks

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Ara Damansara - Atilia Reply with quote

kcong wrote:
Any one has the update on the Tropicanal access road in ara damansara? Is the access road been approved?

Planning to buy the Atilia 22*75 double storey house for RM440K which just got the CF this month. Is it a good buy? Any advise will be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi! I have a friend who wants to sell her Atilia unit for less than that! Interested? Not sure about the access road though.
LBI

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the built up and developer's selling price? If I am not wrong, is it about 1900-2K sq ft and RM380K respectively?

RM440K is rather high - Star's classified ad put the price from RM410K to RM420K only. I think you will have no problem with the quality and workmanship for the house since it is from Sime UEP.

Prices of houses in Ara Damansara is very high compared with Putra Heights - both townships by Sime. In PH, you can get 24x75 for min RM299K and 26x80 for min RM341K only - of course AD is in PJ and in a prime area sandwiched between 2 famous golf courses. PH is to the south of USJ next to Puchong, Kota Kemuning and Shah Alam. In terms of distance to KL, PH is further by another 5-8km compared to AD.

If you compare PH's 26x80 selling at RM341K and AD's 22x75 selling at RM440K, you can see the difference in price alone is about RM100K, with Atilia having a smaller lot size!!!
Replay

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMHO I guess the 3 golden rules to property investment or purchase will apply here...

1. Location
2. Location
3. Location

Wink
LBI

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One should not follow blindly the "3 golden rules for property investment" because the pros and cons for each area need to be considered also.

kcong, if you pay RM440K for investment then I think the profit margin will be slim if you intend to sell it within the next few years. If you buy to stay, then you need to consider the pros anyd cons and compare with other areas.
pecks

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="LBI"]What is the built up and developer's selling price? If I am not wrong, is it about 1900-2K sq ft and RM380K respectively?

Dev's selling price was approx RM360k
LBI

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi pecks, you familiar with DA houses? Do you think RM440K is a good buy?
pecks

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LBI wrote:
Hi pecks, you familiar with DA houses? Do you think RM440K is a good buy?

Hi! Not very familiar with DA houses, just that my friend has a unit. However, I checked the classifieds a few times and found that the asking price usu ranges from RM410k to RM430k la. Frankly i think the prices are high. Would rather buy houses in USJ or Subang for less than RM400k.
LBI

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Developer's price is only RM360K and now it is selling at RM440K ie RM80K gross profit??? That is too much! Therefore, I think the more reasonable price will be around RM390K to RM400K ie RM440K is not worth buying.

My observation and opinion about DA :-

The pros :-
1) Nice area with underground cabling and covered drain
2) Lots of cul de sac as in other high class area
3) Nice houses with good quality and good workmanship
4) Limited no. of link houses there, so price appreciation is good
5) PJ address, so can command high value
6) near the prestigious Saujana Golf Resort and Tropicana Golf club

The cons :-
1) So far only 1 exit road to old airport road
2) located next to old and dilapidated light industrial area
3) price too high
4) next to squatter area
kcong

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Peck,

How much your friend want to sell his unit? What is the built up? The one going for 440K has the built up of 2100sf.

Beside AD, is there any other location in PJ that has the similar type of township that you guys think I can consider?

I quite like the location of AD. It is quite easy to go to Federal Highway, NKVE and Bandar Utama.

No body has any information regarding the access road to Tropicana?
LBI

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kcong, you can consider Aman Suria.

Yeah, AD is in a good location, but one of its drawback is there is only 1
access road to go there at the moment. Maybe you can check with Mah Sing on the access road to Tropicana since they mentioned in their ad on Damansara Lagenda about this access road.
jt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say that AD has very good potential. In terms of location, its rank high on my list.
My approach is to focus on that area and negotiate for reasonable price. If cant , then there will always be another unit in the same area ready for negotiation.
jt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

one more thing, be persistent in your search and you will be rewarded in due time. So set your budget and work with your agents.
pecks

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kcong wrote:
Hi Peck,

How much your friend want to sell his unit? What is the built up? The one going for 440K has the built up of 2100sf.

Beside AD, is there any other location in PJ that has the similar type of township that you guys think I can consider?

I quite like the location of AD. It is quite easy to go to Federal Highway, NKVE and Bandar Utama.

No body has any information regarding the access road to Tropicana?

Hi, according to my friend's asking price is RM435k but i believe you can negotiate the price la.
wlau

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The houses in AD usually appreciates 20% to 30% from the developer price once they are completed. That is the reason why so many investors would try their luck during the launching/balloting day.

Both interchange at main entrance and access road to Tropicana are still under construction. Once these roads are completed and the shops around AD are in business, I would think the current price will go up a little higher or at least stay at the current level.

just my 2 cents
LBI

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in AD last Saturday - there is a small lake and park next to Atilia and Alissia, quite a nice area, but the only drawback is a huge land reserved for mosque next to Atilia - no offence to my muslim countrymen but this is just too near the houses.

The interchange to AD and Saujana is completed but not open to the public yet - this will save the time and petrol to go to the roundabout and make a U turn to go to AD.

I have the brochure for Atilia - the min price is RM354,888 only, if the seller is selling RM440Kthen that is a hefty RM85K gross profit!!! The last phase of linkhouses in AD is Casarina and therefore, due to the limited supply of linkhouses, there may be more demand than supply there, unless Sime decide to launch more linkhouses in the future.
kcong

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have checked out that area with Sime too. According to them, there is no more land for linkhouses in AD unless they manage to convert the land for business to residential. But this is something unknown.

According to my agent, those advertised for Rm430K are houses very near to the mosque.

Probably need to call up a few more agents to find out more information. All your advise are really helpful. Thanks.
LBI

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Sime may convert more land for residential purposes - if you look at the site plan, they have reserved too much land for commercial purposes and car parks (there are so many "TLK" ie car parks at the south of AD-I wonder why they want to have so many car parks for???)

Previously, before Casarina, Atilia, Alissia and Winchester were launched these land were reserved for commercial area - however, due to the demand for linkhouses, Sime converted the land and built these houses.

The whole Atilia is located next to the land reserved for mosque - if you buy further away from the mosque, then your house will be near the main road - even if the house you want to buy is further away from the mosque, it is still too near it. Furthermore, the under construction Platinum Damansara condo and the completed shoplots are located very near Atilia - therefore, this area will be very busy with vehicles and business activities.

If you have the choice, I suggest you wait a little longer for Sime to convert the commercial land to residential purposes first so that the new linkhouse launches will be further away from the mosque and condo.

Alternatively, a better buy will be the old phases such as Calarossa, D'Pelangi, D'Embun etc. since these houses are quite far away from the proposes mosque.
wlau

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. waiting for sime to apply for land convertion is the first unknown
2. whether or not sime will get the approval from authority is second unknown

3. Your luck on the balloting day is third unknown. (About 900 people tried their luck on ~70 units of calarossa)

if you like AD so much, old phases are better choice, but you will have to pay MORE... (My fren just made 70K "Net" from his winchester unit.)
LBI

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you on the 3 "unknown" factors, wlau.

I also agree that the old phases will be the better choice, price going for min RM398K for 22x75, if you want to get a unit in AD now.

However, I think Winchester is not a good choice because it is located next to the NKVE and Glomac's low cost apartment. A better buy will be the older phases like D'Pelangi, D'Embun, D'Mutiara, Palemo etc.
dazzled

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys,
I saw a circular from MPPJ that the widening of the Tropicana tunnel/link has been approved. In fact the access road from Ara D to the tunnel has also been completed..waiting for aforementioned to happen.
3 accesses ie Tropicana, Crimson and Subang entrance.

I think this area is next big happening in PJ due to freehold status, proximity to the hot areas ie Damansara/Mayang/Kelana Jaya and LRT access ( understand Putra station will be build next to the Crimson apartments).

Mosque proximity ( not meant to offend our Muslim friends..we don't like to be too close to temple or church either) should not be issue as long as you're not next to it. We're living in Msia, guys.

Understand there is a park to be built next to mosque.

As to new residential area, I understand from Sime that the big patch of land next to Crimson Damansara will probably be residential link and condo site.

Right about the 440k price. intermediate units going around 410k. Again, reason why price is going up due to economics. We have like 10 guys going after a unit in balloting sessions ( for non bumis)...so what do you expect?
LBI

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi dazzled, the park has been built next to Atilia and the land reserved for the mosque. The land reserved for mosque is really too near Atilia and I think you dont need any alarm clocks to wake up because you will automatically wake up at 5.30am every morning! There are still plenty of empty land in AD and Sime should have chosen a land further away from the residential houses.

Another problem is the access road to Crimson apartments - there is a link road to this area next to the Winchester linkhouses - although now the access is blocked, in the future MPPJ may decide to allow access to Crimson's residents! Can you imagine the traffic on the main road next to Atilia??? The problem is exacerbated by the Platinum Damansara condo. There are also many medium and low cost apartments nearby and in future, link roads may be built to connect them to AD.

My advice is still to buy houses at the old phases.
wlau

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the CF has been out by now..

Does anyone of you know how much an Atilia unit cost in the market now? Any done deal that you can share with us?
willy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All

The last time when I wanted to buy a unit of Atilia, my banker advise me that the price of RM430K is too high for a property there. So after scouting around, I accepted her advise and scrap the purchase. Now I really thank her as is the interest rates keep on going up, it would be too costly for me.

I was told that if the price is about RM405K to RM420K then it would be a good buy. She told me that there are some units transacted at that price and have applied loan from her bank.

Further, if the ppl there has bought it for investment purpose, it will also depend on how long they could service the interest and hold on to the property looking to sell at good price. I guess its all about WHO CAN WAIT LONGER!!! Laughing
APCH

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi willy. What is the fair price for Alissia? With the low cost flat around and not convenience access (via Crimson or Damansara Lagenda), it is difficult to turn into another golden triangle. So, how to make return from capital appreciation? If the price appreciate to 260psf, it is only 500~550k. You still need to pay interest, legal fees, stamp duties... Crying or Very sad Where is the profit?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Property Investment All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63  Next
Page 1 of 63

Jump to: