Warning: array_merge(): Argument #1 is not an array in /home/realestatenet/public_html/forum/archive/index.php on line 76
Malaysia Real Estate :: View topic - Any new development that is "sure win"?

HOME  -    PROPERTY ADS   -   DISCUSSION FORUM   -   REALTORS   -   LINKS    -   CONTACT US

Realtors and Real Estate Agents - Sign Up for Free Account at Property.net.my >>

Malaysia Real Estate
Malaysia Real Estate Portal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any new development that is "sure win"?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Property Investment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cody99

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How to do PM
I'm getting error message as below.
"Private messaging has been disabled on this board."
cody99

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Main issued for Service Resident as below.

It means higher assessment, higher quit rent, higher utility rates and of course it does not come under the ambit of the Housing Developers Act which reduces your legal recourse in event of any contractual matters.
cody99

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 more concern
Claim on defects (normally, it's 18 mths, for service residence it is 12 mths)

May i know when does Maytower get VP?
Thanks for sharing
Pai

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cody, 100% agree wih you that SA has higher upkeeping cost comparatively to the conventional residential properties.

For me, all your concern while valid, its still a minor issue. Bottomline, the current returns and potential upside still far outweights the slight increase in fee's.

Wink
cody99

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the info
The VP only 1 month.
will go view some few units after my training in KL.
Pai

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cody99 wrote:
thanks for the info
The VP only 1 month.
will go view some few units after my training in KL.

eh mate, u the same cody from LYF?
cody99

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Pai, I am the same person.
Just back from some visiting, but kena fly kite by the agent

Did a walk from Maytower to LRT. It took me 10 minutes. Monorail 15 minutes.

Capital Square is nice... Very Happy
Spoken to Mayland staff. They keep pushing Regalia.

Pai, did u bought a unit in Maytower?
Pai

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cody99 wrote:
Yes Pai, I am the same person.
Just back from some visiting, but kena fly kite by the agent

Did a walk from Maytower to LRT. It took me 10 minutes. Monorail 15 minutes.

Capital Square is nice... Very Happy
Spoken to Mayland staff. They keep pushing Regalia.

Pai, did u bought a unit in Maytower?

Yup, bought one, and wish I had the $$$$$ to get another one.

btw, CapSquare open alredy meh?
Grease

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder what kind of tenants mostly in Maytower? And, for those of you with multiple properties, do you find handling tenants a headache?
linustw

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gease

bear in mind that while studio/1bed apartment has easier entry cost, easier to let, but it's not easy to sell, if you hold it for some times.
Pai

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grease wrote:
I wonder what kind of tenants mostly in Maytower? And, for those of you with multiple properties, do you find handling tenants a headache?

Think large majority of the occupants are either short-mid term expats, and hotel stayers. As a local, cant imagine myslef staying in Maytower unless I dont have a car and my office is nearby any LRT station.

Handling tenants will be a headache if we dont set the tone right from the beginning. Just be clear on the things that they should contact us, or else they will call us everytime theres a broken lamp. Laughing

Linustw is absolutely right here, studio's r fairly easy to let and typically would enjoy good yields. However, 1 drawback is that if you plan to sell off, majority of ur prospective buyers are investors, not so much own-stayers. Therefore your pool of buyers are somewhat limited, although I personally dont think there'll be short of takers if you plan to sell of at the RIGHT price. Wink
Daryl Teo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys are absolutely right. But no worries if cannot let out or sell.....can always turn it into a bachelor's pad or guy's den for all your extra curricular activities! After all debt liability not too high on studio.......it's not a total write off. As Pai noted there could be 'pleasurable gains' in another thread! Hahaha! Laughing
Daryl Teo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a more serious note however, does anyone know of any new development or townships that still gives a wide margin for cap gains so as to allow its purchasers the opportunity to upgrade & climb the property ladder. Seldom find such developers these days as most are more concerned about their own profit margins. Is it the cause & effect of the market flucs that have seen dev's margins slashed by unpredictable slides in material costs, anticipated escalation of cost of funds etc. together with rising interest costs? Heard that US is sliding into a mild recession now & oil was traded at 112 p.b. So what do all the sifus here have to say?

Given the bleak turn of events, can prop investors still turn a tidy profit & is it still a good time to add more items into your shopping cart?
linustw

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dun think it's that difficult or expensive to rent a room by hours in KL! Laughing

unless you worried abt vcam.
Daryl Teo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not the same leh renting a room. I have my pet peeves like my favorite cd, wine, cigar & reads! Can't be lugging that around! & being cam is a very real concern right? Oso never store in pc unless u want to be Edison who?

Eh! Linus u're one of the boys right? Cos a lot of p&c Qs!! Embarassed
Daryl Teo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Fellas,

What do u all think of I&P's Alam Impian? Do u think it's a 'sure win' situation. Judging from their launches not so cheap. Think their 22x75 were selling at 350k up right. That's almost same price median in KL also.

What about Setia Alam. Any luck for 40% cap gains on completion & any new launches?
Grease

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

linustw wrote:
Gease

bear in mind that while studio/1bed apartment has easier entry cost, easier to let, but it's not easy to sell, if you hold it for some times.

Yea, I am not surprised that it would be harder to sell. Perhaps the market is quite efficient after all, as the rental yields are higher to compensate for illiquidity and also shorter tenancy. No free lunch.
Daryl Teo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grease,

But then i thought that if the yield is high, then it'll naturally enhance the property's value while creating demand & improving liquidity. Isn't that how its supposed to work in an efficient market? Confused

Well, i'm certainly no economist! Surprised
Grease

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daryl Teo wrote:
Grease,

But then i thought that if the yield is high, then it'll naturally enhance the property's value while creating demand & improving liquidity. Isn't that how its supposed to work in an efficient market? Confused

Well, i'm certainly no economist! Surprised

Well, it's exactly the low demand which results in lower price and hence higher yield. Look at it from another angle, the higher yield is to compensate for lower cap appreciation potential. The exact opposite for landed. And, I am certainly no economist either. Very Happy Having said that, if there were one studio that I would like to buy, it would definitely be in Sri Hartamas/MK/Bangsar area as I see these locations as prime areas where demand will be there. If there is no demand in these places, other places will be dead.

Hey, i read one of your posts forgot which looking for residential places with 40% cap appreciation. i also like to know. Just hantam maximum and retire!
Daryl Teo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grease wrote:

Hey, i read one of your posts forgot which looking for residential places with 40% cap appreciation. i also like to know. Just hantam maximum and retire!

I'm also looking for the golden goose as well. Bdr Kinrara was such a place before 2004/5 before it got greedy & started selling at par market with other devs. Will Alam Impian be the next pot of gold? But their prices aren't exactly cheap, some more got to wait for location to mature.

Maybe we should start a list of possible hot locations for investment with possible 40% cap gains on completion?? Then by a process of elimination discussing its pros & cons by everyone especially the sifus.

Possible Next Hot Locations:

1. Alam Impian?
2. Setia Alam?
3. Pls add.........

Last edited by Daryl Teo on Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
cody99

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Studio / 1 bed apartment main advantage is low entry cost.
The cons im seeing here is difficult to sell.

It will be appreciate in value if the property located in prime area. Eg. KL (10KM around KLCC area), Bangsar & MK, and Hartmas.

Where else landed property can't hardly cover the installment.

As most of us concern on Us economic, is it really true that "everytime is the right time to invest" as a few book author agree on it?
Daryl Teo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone heard anything about Setia Walk's serviced apartments yet? Wonder what is the indicative pricing psf there when launched. If assuming that at 210k for 500sf = 420 psf. High? But really think there's plenty of potential if priced right as development will conceptually cater to high end niche in Puchong & the shops offices will form a good base for a ready tenant pool. Definitely one to watch out for this year!

Excerpt from article in iprop:

SP Setia’s maiden commercial project comes in the form of the RM800 million Setia Walk, which is set to transform the Puchong area. Built on a 20.8 acre plot in the matured township of Pusat Bandar Puchong, the project is highly visible from the Damansara Puchong Expressway (LDP) and located opposite the proposed Puchong light rail transit (LRT) station.

The residential component will include three 27-storey blocks offering a total of 759 units. Prices start from RM210,000. There will also be 46 small office home office (Soho) units.

Links to articles below:
.://..iproperty.com.my/news/realestatenews.asp?nid=158
SP Setia marks its entry into the commercial retail sector with Setia Walk

..biz.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2007/10/1/business/19004926&sec=business
Setia Walk set to transform Puchong

..star-space.com/news/story.asp?file=/2007/10/10/pliving/19104939&sec=pliving
Strong demand already in place for Setia Walk

Any thoughts pls??

Last edited by Daryl Teo on Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
World IR

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

still quite positive for KL property market even after the election may slow down property sales a little bit

Sad Sad Sad
Daryl Teo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, doubt prices would come down significantly except for the few who might be overgeared. Landed high end prop would still command a premium due to limited supply. If anything might see more casualties among the low to mid end props where some might have over stretched their commitments.
shennanigans

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

500 psf in Puchong? Not very convinced about that just yet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Property Investment All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: