Warning: array_merge(): Argument #1 is not an array in /home/realestatenet/public_html/forum/archive/index.php on line 76
Malaysia Real Estate :: View topic - ANALYSIS - North of KL Prospects

HOME  -    PROPERTY ADS   -   DISCUSSION FORUM   -   REALTORS   -   LINKS    -   CONTACT US

Realtors and Real Estate Agents - Sign Up for Free Account at Property.net.my >>

Malaysia Real Estate
Malaysia Real Estate Portal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ANALYSIS - North of KL Prospects
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Property Investment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Question

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:07 am    Post subject: ANALYSIS - North of KL Prospects Reply with quote

I saw this question in another forum:

"Topic: to buy property north of kl

billy65

work in kl .plan to buy a house north of kl i.e rawang till tg malim
area. in terms of location,price,convenience and peace of mind,where
should i buy?just to get opinion..to stay near prob conv but price could
be high,but too far up,petrol,toll could be problem.heard transport via
train is on option later on.
any advice folks?"

and it got me thinking. Apart from the normal expected topics on the KL city center and the affluent Bangsar/Damansara areas, I noticed that many of the active topics do cover quite a bit on the South Klang Valley areas like Subang/USJ, Puchong, Seri Kembangan, etc maybe even Kajang! The rationale for this, as some here have put it, is an apparent drift towards the south of KL, especially driven by "potential" in Putrajaya, Cyberjaya and KLIA.

What about the north of KL? I think the examples are: Gombak, Selayang, Kepong, Sg Buloh and Rawang, but I'm not familiar at all with this area so maybe some of you could provide yr analysis. I've excluded Ampang, as I think it is close enough to KL to be considered as city center.

Who questions the Question?
Banzai

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For property investment, I don't think it is worth the gamble. Not easy to get tenants if the place is too far out as well. From rawang to KL is RM6 toll 1 way correct? If correct, would be RM240 (based on 20 days, 2 trips per day) spent on toll alone, forget rising petrol prices. Do the math yourself, if i were the tenant, i am sure i can find cheaper alternatives IN town. For yourself, RM240 is translated to ~40k in housing loan @ 6%.

Unless of course you are looking to rent to someone who works in those places.

Last edited by Banzai on Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:02 am; edited 1 time in total
kitmel

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And also with Putrajaya on the south, developments are moving tha way too.. Smile
mercuri

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What about the north of KL? I think the examples are: Gombak, Selayang, Kepong, Sg Buloh and Rawang, but I'm not familiar at all with this area so maybe some of you could provide yr analysis. I've excluded Ampang, as I think it is close enough to KL to be considered as city center.

Well interesting observation. I wonder what do u mean by North of KL? And what is your defination of KL?, if we go by the postcode, even up to the end of Kepong, inclusive parts of Sri Damansara and the new DPC/Sunway Damansara is still considered KL, So yes these area are pretty expensive and have high investment potential. Wink

As KL expands to the outskirts, it's invariably expanding towards the four direction, and as it is, we are expanding more towards the southern part due in a huge part to the relocation of KLIA here. I don't think Putrajaya and Cyberjaya is as huge an attraction compared to KLIA. Someppl might have different opinion! Wink

I would think that the debacle with Talam's Bkt Beruntung and L&G's Bandar Sg Buaya in Rawang had a negative impact to investors' confidence in investing towards the north of KL, although areas nearer to the town centre (Rawang) is seeing a property boom of sorts.

My take in investing into the northern part of KL, is ....... no good, at least not for the near future, best bet would be Shah Alam/Klang side towards the west of KL. Razz
Malaysian

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya, good point. Shah Alam and Klang also appear to be in a "growth" stage. This would represent the South-East direction and the expansion probably due to industrial growth and thereby the movement of the workers to relocate there.

Hmm... mercuri, your take on KLIA being a bigger draw than Putrajaya/Cyberjaya. Can't say I agree. Putrajaya looks the better bet. It's far more inhabited and eventually Cyberjaya would start moving in the right direction, although nobody seems to know when. I remember reading in these forums that Cyberjaya was like a "ghost" town!
Dunhill

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 3:37 pm    Post subject: Capital Appreciation Reply with quote

When you referred to North of KL, I believe the more significant townships are Rawang and Bukit Beruntung.

Bukit Beruntung is another toll away from Rawang and is really far.

Meanwhile, Rawang is really not that bad a choice. The toll is RM 6, if one were to travel all the way from say Klang to Rawang. Rawang-KL would cost roughly half the price. It is a 20 minutes drive.

Compare say travelling from USJ/Subang Jaya to KL, and from Rawang to KL: -
In terms of time spent, one may find that USJ/SJ to KL actually takes much more time compared to Rawang-KL due to traffic congestion.

One good thing about Rawang is that there is hardly traffic congestion since that part of the North South Highway mainly caters for outstation vehicles and Rawang/Bukit Beruntung people only.

A good investment in Rawang is to look at new launching or sub-sales on the Rawang Country Homes side. Reason being the price. Price has gone ridiculously low. For example, a 20 x 70 DSL may go for 119-136k, depending on the location in Country Homes side. This is due to extremely low land cost. This means that it is a great time to buy for capital appreciation.

In comparison, prices of houses on the Rawang town side is as one said, on a booming trend. This is no good for investment purposes. Ultimately, Rawang is not that fantastic a location for one to pay a high price.

To sum, I would recommend investment in Rawang Country Homes Side, for it's ridiculously low price, and Rawang's low traffic congestion and short distance to KLCC.

Cheers Cool
my44

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before this, the northern zone was mooted as the automobile corridor of some sort (that's probably what Talam pitched for Bukit sangat Beruntung), and development went up high as north as Lembah Beringin, Kuala Kubu Baru (got someone bought a banglo here, and now desperately trying to dispose).

The thing is heavy industry mooted for the area could never sustain the continuous development. The southern corridor from Putrajaya to KLIA is more of a service-oriented zone, which is more sustainable as Malaysia moves up into the higher chain of the industry.

Also we don't have population like China or India to sustain growth in not-so-suitable areas.
mercuri

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malaysian wrote:

Hmm... mercuri, your take on KLIA being a bigger draw than Putrajaya/Cyberjaya. Can't say I agree. Putrajaya looks the better bet. It's far more inhabited and eventually Cyberjaya would start moving in the right direction, although nobody seems to know when. I remember reading in these forums that Cyberjaya was like a "ghost" town!

As I predicted, some ppl have different opinion in this aspect. Btw have u ever been to putrajaya? It's not an area which I would go, houses are expensive and there is hardly anything to do there, unless u reckon walking is ur favourite all time hobby. Laughing

If assuming KLIA is located at the northern part of KL ie, around Bkt Beruntung area, would the sole "magnetism" of Putrajaya and Cyberjaya be enough or be a bigger draw remains to be the "question". This is the same as asking which comes first the egg or the hen! kekekekekek Laughing
cruisetom88

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:15 am    Post subject: rawang : gated Reply with quote

Read thi in the Star. How do the sifus rate this ?

First gated community in Bandar Country Homes

By S.C. Cheah
BANDAR COUNTRY HOMES is poised to have its first residential gated community and one of the best of its kind in Rawang.

Called the Greenwood Park, this freehold project by JKMB Development Sdn Bhd (a wholly-owned subsidiary of Tanco Holdings Bhd), will have 225 units of 18ft x 75ft double-storey terrace houses priced from RM177,000 to RM398,900.

Having a gated and guarded community project in a place like Rawang is not surprising as such a development is currently in big demand everywhere.

Greenwood Park meets the needs of house buyers who want not only a lifestyle product but also one that offers them a sense of security and peace of mind.

It is located on an 8.8-acre flat piece of freehold land with a view of a nice green hill nearby. There are some prominent people who have built their bungalows there. Tanco has described this site as the ''premier'' part of the township.

If you are coming from the main entrance to this vibrant township (3km from the Rawang toll of the North-South Expressway), go straight until you reach a small roundabout. Drive up a small hill until you reach the end of a tree-lined road. You then turn left and drive to the end of the road and you can see the elegant Greenwood Park entrance statement. Workers are putting the finishing touches for the show house.

Greenwood Park, indirectly, has another layer of security, thanks to residents of the existing houses who have put up two guard posts at the two roads that leads to the gated community.

How does Greenwood Park measure up to other similar projects in Rawang?

The Greenwood Park entrance with the show house in Bandar Country Homes in Rawang

The Hong Leong Group’s adjacent multi-gated Emerald Rawang (adjacent to BCH) offers nice house designs and sales have been good. Its gated Emethyst 3 freehold 22ft x 75ft double-storey link houses with 1,780 sq ft built-up area was priced from RM188,800.

There is another gated community called Puteri Heights (64 units of 18ft x 55ft two-storey link houses priced from RM128,925 for non-bumiputra buyers were opened for sale recently) by Hartawan Pasifik Sdn Bhd. This 185-unit leasehold project flanks the other side of BCH where some houses have been newly completed at Taman Desa Mas.

A notable feature of Greenwood Park is that the developer will be building six feet high brick wall perimeter fencing. Instead of doing away with the common fencing for the houses as in most gated projects, there will be a low brick wall with MS grills for Greenwood Park houses. There will be no cheap-looking chain link fencing. There will also be touch card access at the guardhouse, a feature usually seen in high-end products.

The idea, as Tanco Holdings Bhd general manager Lee Cheng Bing explained, is to ensure added security and privacy for the residents. Lee said there is a 5% ''early bird'' discount free, SPA and legal fees and up to 100% loan for eligible buyers.

Purchasers will also enjoy free membership to the Duta Palms Resort & Anglers’ Club, the township’s famous Balinese-style clubhouse that features a large multi-purpose hall cum badminton courts, tennis courts, swimming and wading pools, restaurant, karaoke/pub, gymnasium, conference rooms, and an air-conditioned room for penguins! A big wet and dry market is also nearing completion.

''This will surely be one the most prestigious projects in Bandar Country Homes and one that offers a very unique lifestyle,'' said Lee, adding that the 3+1 bedroom link houses in Greenwood Park will have 3 bathrooms, family area, quality finishes, internal courtyard, 15ft back lane garden, and column free car porch that can park two cars side by side.

The intermediate and corner units have a built-up area of 1,747 sq ft and 2,092 sq ft respectively.

I like the practical layout as the cosy dining and living areas with L-shaped, 7ft-high windows are set at the rear of the house. The front door opens into a hallway with the kitchen on one side, quite similar to Australian or European houses.

The phase 1 units were soft launched in mid-July and sales have been encouraging.

''We have held a few road shows and have received many genuine registrants who are staying in the vicinity of Petaling Jaya, Damansara, Kota Damansara and Kelana Jaya. These areas are becoming more and more congested lately, which has also resulted in a rapid increase of property prices around them. We have also received many enquiries from people who are working in the KLCC area as they realised that BCH is not far from their work place, other than being affordable,'' he said, adding that BCH is only 30 minutes’ drive to Kuala Lumpur city and 20 to 30 minutes drive to major townships.

Meanwhile, the 15-year-old township’s image will be boosted with the proposed launch of its most upmarket project: the Ivory Heights bungalows near the Celebration Mall shop offices. Lee said there are plans to push the price range from the previous RM400,000 to between RM500,000 and RM600,000.

The five-storey Raya Apartments adjacent to the Duta Palms clubhouse have almost been sold out. Many units were snapped up when it was launched in January this year.

Most purchasers have said that their decision to buy was mainly due to the fully furnished package that includes living room and bedroom sets, kitchen cabinets, TV set and refrigerator. Buyers get a free Duta Palms Resorts and Anglers’ Club membership.
mizzou

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Templer Park Resort is one of the development in north of KL city worth to look at. Brief on the development can be viewed at the posting as below:-

..realestate.net.my/forum/viewtopic.php?t=656

Cool
Banzai

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:09 pm    Post subject: Re: rawang : gated Reply with quote

cruisetom88 wrote:

Purchasers will also enjoy free membership to the Duta Palms Resort & Anglers’ Club, the township’s famous Balinese-style clubhouse that features a large multi-purpose hall cum badminton courts, tennis courts, swimming and wading pools, restaurant, karaoke/pub, gymnasium, conference rooms, and an air-conditioned room for penguins! A big wet and dry market is also nearing completion.

Are the penguins recycled from a serviced apartment owned by Tanco (Duta Vista)? Kudos if they are, those penguins look like they hve been mistreated for too long
Dunhill

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ultimately, it is not fair to compare North of KL with other areas, without taking account of its price.

Is a comparison between say Shah Alam and KLCC fair?
You get the analogy.

North of KL is catered for folks to own landed properties at affordable prices.
Yesproperty

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those who NO CHOICE(price issue) to own a landed property have to stay in north of KL. Somebody may prefer to stay in a peaceful double storey house in Rawang rather than stay in a low-medium cost apartment in strategy KL area with the same price.
ilyashukri

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it has been almost two years since the last post, just what to get updates dan views from you guys...

I've bought a house at Emerald, Rawang (under construction) and am working at Selayang.

It seem that roads and bridges accessing to Rawang is improving a lot! The roads in front of the Templer Golf Club is widen and the 2nd bridge in Garing is also ready to use. It took me (smooth-driving) about 15-20 minutes from Selayang to Rawang Town nowadays.

I think given a year or two, Rawang has a good chance of booming but then again, that's just me... maybe u guys out there have any views on this?
MagnificentMe2006

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject: find more documentation Reply with quote

Where find more documentation Confused . Please send links to MagnificentMe2006@wikichat.com
Question

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ilyashukri wrote:
I know it has been almost two years since the last post, just what to get updates dan views from you guys...

I've bought a house at Emerald, Rawang (under construction) and am working at Selayang.

It seem that roads and bridges accessing to Rawang is improving a lot! The roads in front of the Templer Golf Club is widen and the 2nd bridge in Garing is also ready to use. It took me (smooth-driving) about 15-20 minutes from Selayang to Rawang Town nowadays.

I think given a year or two, Rawang has a good chance of booming but then again, that's just me... maybe u guys out there have any views on this?

That is interesting. I've never been to the Emerald area or showhouse, but what I know is what I've seen in the ads in the newspapers. Must say the ads are quite impressive, looks like a full-fledged township. Is that correct?

Also, Emerald under construction can be seen from the North South Highway as you head back to KL from Ipoh/Penang. Looks huge and some houses seem in completion already.

When is your house going to be ready?

Who questions the Question?
ilyashukri

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine will be ready by September 2008 (as mentioned by developer), but I doubt it. If it is completed by December, that's good enough.. Smile

Almost every week I come by to take a peak on the development, but recently they close the road towards the showhouse/development site to make way for a new phase, by the name of Ivory or something like that...

The houses that can be seen from the highway (on your left side) is Emerald 1, mine will be on the right side (somewhere inside the forests!). The flyover will be the link to Emerald 2.

Do passby if you have the time...
ilyashukri

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine will be ready by September 2008 (as mentioned by developer), but I doubt it. If it is completed by December, that's good enough.. Smile

Almost every week I come by to take a peak on the development, but recently they close the road towards the showhouse/development site to make way for a new phase, by the name of Ivory or something like that...

The houses that can be seen from the highway (on your left side) is Emerald 1, mine will be on the right side (somewhere inside the forests!). The flyover will be the link to Emerald 2.

jasonlim_82

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any other person who own a house in emerald rawang? would like to share some opinions here...
ilyashukri

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here jason, I'm also hoping some response out there...
preacher

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Passed by Rawang for mtg few times. Although I have not entered into Emerald, the place does look quite impressive from the outside and Prices there are reasonable compared to what you can find around the borders of Klang Valley such as Puchong.

But, I suppose it does makes sense if at least one couple / owner is working and living around that area. Else, travelling will be an issue and it took me a almost 15 minutes just to get out of the toll plaza area and join back the highway. Was told that it the mornings, the congestion is quite bad.
jasonlim_82

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi preacher, to get out from rawang toll plaza u need 15 mins? r u talking about super peak time during working hours or what? normal hour it is ok, i tried before, 10-15 mins can reach ikea there already...
coffee

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ilyashukri wrote:

Hi I read the Emerald Rawang too, but I couldnt find the website or contacts. Can anyone give me the sales office contact?
Appreciate if some of you have the photo and layout to post it here, thank you very much!
jasonlim_82

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, coffee, you can refer to below web site.

.://..mystorey.com/home/re/property_type_semi_d_topaz.html

Give your comment after read the website, thanks
preacher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that was doing rush hour, after work.... Quite a lot of heavy vehicles which slowed everyone else....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Property Investment All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: