Warning: array_merge(): Argument #1 is not an array in /home/realestatenet/public_html/forum/archive/index.php on line 76
Malaysia Real Estate :: View topic - Amazing New Knockout Rates from AIA at 4.99% Fixed!!!

HOME  -    PROPERTY ADS   -   DISCUSSION FORUM   -   REALTORS   -   LINKS    -   CONTACT US

Realtors and Real Estate Agents - Sign Up for Free Account at Property.net.my >>

Malaysia Real Estate
Malaysia Real Estate Portal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Amazing New Knockout Rates from AIA at 4.99% Fixed!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Property Financing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
khaifuy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:58 pm    Post subject: Surprised!! Reply with quote

MLD,
Looks like you're an expert Salesman cum Financial cum Businessman!! I'm glad to clicked on this page. Please advise....

1. My current apartment.
Bought from PBB 4 yrs back. BLR+0.25% currently. Just faxed them request to deduct to BLR-2%. Any suggestions? Property price 172K. 30 yrs tenure.

2. ShopLot in 1-Puchong
Share with 4 frens. Property price 1.55M. No loans yet. Signing S&P this week. Completion early 2009/end 2008.

3. Amaya @ Saujana.
Share with 3 frens. Property price 640K. Just signed S&P last week. If we take 3 panel bankers(not AIA), developer absorb interest till CV obtained (till 2010). Panel banker gives BLR-1.5% to -1.75% for 30 yrs tenure.
MLD

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear khaifuy,

Thank you for the kind words. I'm only doing my best to serve as a one stop financial solution provider for my clients.

1. Do you plan to keep it for long? If yes, why not consider changing over to a Fixed Rate? Even if the offer is BLR -2% currently, we know that based on past history there's a possibility that BLR might go up by more than 2% or they can even amend the spread whenever needed. Even if it goes up by 1% you're already on the losing end with Fixed Rate as low as 5.5%-5.75% currently.

2. Congratulations on your purchase. Though shared with 4 friends, shoplots are a great rental revenue with good capital appreciation in the long run, especially located in a booming area such as Puchong. However, I find managing partners or tenants to be more challenging than managing said property sometimes.

Though, currently our AIA Shop Loan only caters to completed shoplots only and if you do not mind letting me know which project is it, I can check and see if its acceptable under our approved projects. You can contact me through my email at tzeyean.aia@gmail.com.

3. I was just passing by Amaya the other day and was impressed by its luxury lifestyle concept. Considering the selling price and the market its targeted for, I'm sure they wouldn't mind absorbing the amount of interest for the next 5 years even.

Again, I would ask the same question, how long do you plan to keep the property? I would definitely recommend a fixed rate for medium to long term invesment. If its for short term, then perhaps you can still play around with the adjustable rates but with the next economic cycle just around the corner, its quite a risk you have to consider. Is the risk worth it compared to the saving on the interest during the construction period?

Do a bit of number crunching and you might be able to get your answer.

Hope I have been helpful. Best of Luck to you, Regards.
MLD

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:04 am    Post subject: Happy Valentine & Chap Goh Mei! Reply with quote

Dear Homeowners,

Our attractive packages are still available currently pending any changes after the election.

Do not miss out on our great Fixed Rate packages should you want a fully guaranteed fixed instalment without the hassle of worrying about interest rate fluctuations.

Contact me at my mobile or email should you wish to know more.

Thanks. Best Regards.
MLD

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:57 am    Post subject: Thinking of Refinancing? Reply with quote

Dear Homeowners,

" If your home loan is more than 5 years old, it is likely that you are servicing your loan at a higher interest rate than what is on offer by financial institutions today.

Many borrowers are complacent with their current loan or they wait till their lock-in period expires before thinking about refinancing.

However, with the many competitive home loans products on offer especially ones that will cover any refinancing costs, exploring refinancing is a worthwhile investment at any point in the life of your home loan, to lower monthly repayments and save you money in the long run as well as give you the flexibility in managing your cash flow. "

With AIA's signature 5.99% ZMC Fixed Rate Home Loan you can switch over your current loan to AIA with No Additional Cost and instantaneously get to enjoy Lower Monthly Repayments and thus savings you lots of interest in the long run.

Contact me at my number and email below for a Free Refinancing Quote.

Thanks, Best Regard.
Full article at the link below. Source: Mr.

.://..Mr./MalaysiaHomeLoan/Resource/Refinance.aspx?SMId=1
MLD

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:11 pm    Post subject: Updates from AIA Reply with quote

Dear Homeowners,

If you already have a Home Loan but yet did not opt to take an MRTA/MLTA policy from the bank; but is now considering to maybe purchase one, we have some good news for you!

Its a new Individual Credit Protection (ICP) Policy and some of the features and differences from normal MRTA/MLTA are:

1. Transferable and Portable - policy stays with the owner no matter how many times you refinance.

2. Joint-life applicants, each have thier own policy. This allows any of the joint applicants the option to continue the policy should one passes away. Also they get to enjoy 20% Instant Savings off the normal premium. Joint-life applicants can be anyone, friend, brother, sister to business partners, Etc.

3. Flexible coverage term from 5 up to 40 years + 3 years construction period. Good for those who plan to settle their loan early. Option to continue on even if the loan has been fully settled.

4. Single premium - one time payment. Coming soon, 6-12 months Interest-free Instalment Payment Plan for PB, Citi or Maybank Credit Card holders.

5. Covers Death and TP Disability - sickness, natural or accidental. 24 hours Worldwide Coverage.

6. In the event of Death, sum assured is paid to beneficiaries. If the bank insist they should get it first, then just assign it over to them and revoke it once you have settled the loan. If there is a balance after settling the loan, it is paid to the beneficiaries.

7. Affordable and able to cover other types of loans such as overdraft, car loan, personal loan.

If anyone wants a quick quotation, just provide me with your D.O.B. , Loan Amount/Balance, Interest & Term.

Thanks.

Best Regards.
MLD

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:03 pm    Post subject: Great Article Reply with quote

Here's a recent article explaining in detail about Fixed Rate Home Loans.

If you are still unsure between choosing Fixed Rate vs BLR based loans, read on and this might help you decide.

.://..Mr./MalaysiaHomeLoan/Article/BLRWearsPrada-TheCaseForFixedRateLoans.aspx?SMId=1
stea2221

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is a personal opinion. I feel the current aggressive BLR from some banks, with ZEC is much more attractive than fixed rate loan. Eventhough those choosing BLR will take the fluctuation risk, banks will only lock u for max 5 years. Why would u go for anything longer anyway. I've bought and sell properties a few times, never I went longer than the lock in period. The loan market is so competitive for u to shop around for the best rate. I just refinance one proerty at -1,8% and got a loan approved for another property at -2% ZEC. I dunno about others, but I thought that's very good already.
trojan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi MLD, refers to your earlier post on ICP, you mentioned "...sum assured is paid to beneficiaries. If the bank insist they should get it first...".

If I'm getting AIA housing loan with this ICP, will AIA "insist they should get it first"?
MLD

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Trojan,

Depending on a case by case basis, AIA may or may not insist.

If you can show that you're well covered by Life policies, AIA might even waive off the MRTA requirement.

In AIA we are always customer focused, we want to make sure all our clients are sufficiently insured so that if any unforeseen circumstances occur, we are there to make sure their suffering family do not suffer more.

Best Regards.
trojan

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tkx MLD.

For the fixed rate from AIA, are those rate negotiable?
I means is there any relation between the interest rate and margin of financing?
Will the rate be better if the MOF is 90% compared to lower MOF, for example 75%?
MLD

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear trojan,

I'm sorry, but our rates are as it is and non-negotiable.

We wouldn't be offering Fixed Rate if it is negotiable. Smile

There is no direct relation of the interest compared to the margin.

However, a loan amount of RM200k and above would allow you more option than a loan amount of say RM100k.

Lower MOF would instead translate to lesser total interest paid and a faster time period for you to be debt free, thus owning the full equity of your home.

Best Regards.
MLD

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 1:12 am    Post subject: AIA Special Home Loan Campaign! Reply with quote

Dear Trojan,

I'd like to apologize as you'll have to disregard part of what I mentioned in my last post.

Reason being because AIA heard you and the rest of the Malaysian Homeowner's needs and released the following good news! Smile

AIA is launching a Special Fixed Rate Campaign ending Aug 31st 2008, subjected to funds availability on a first come first serve basis.

We're now offering as low as 5.70% p.a. Fixed with Free/Zero Moving Cost for Loan to Value of 80% and below.

For those planning to settle their loan early, we have as low as 5.35% p.a. Fixed for the first 5 years, thereafter 5.99% p.a. Fixed.

Also, instead of the min loan amount of 200k previously, we're lowering it to min loan amount of 100k to be able to enjoy all of our packages.

This is another Great opportunity not to be missed! Capitalize on this opportunity to lock in to very low interest rates for the next 30 years.

Check out the 1st post for more details on the latest updates.

Thanks. Best Regards.
parven

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys,

Anyone here looking for home loan that gives full flexibility?

Refinance or apply for a new home loan.We offer great mortgage rates on refinance loans, home loans for completed or under construction -only mortgages for your home.

For further information please feel free to drop me a mail at veen_0809@yahoo.com. Would like to assist to guys on home loans.

Regards
Parven
Alliance Mortgage Consultant
MLD

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:52 am    Post subject: Taken from .://..Mr./MalaysiaFinancialNews/ Reply with quote

Don't rule out fixing your home loan

IF you’re thinking of fixing your loan, it may be possible to lock in and save money, with prevailing fixed rates costing less than standard variable home loans and the prospect of more interest rate rises on the horizon.

Fixed-rate loans accounted for 24 per cent of all home loans taken out in March, according to the Australian Bureau of Statistics. The proportion of loans fixed is well up from the 16.6 per cent average in 2006 and reflects borrowers fleeing to the security of fixed loans after seven interest rate rises in two years.

If you like certainty, a fixed loan could be for you. You'll know what your home loan repayments will be during the term of the loan and they won't go up.

But you will only achieve an interest-rate saving with a fixed loan if interest rates keep on rising during the term of the fixed loan.

The best time to fix is before interest rates start rising. Given interest rates have already risen seven times in two years, the best time to fix is probably behind us. But that doesn't mean that you can't still save money.

With ANZ Bank last week predicting two more official rate rises this year, variable home loan rates could keep rising to over 10 per cent this year, or next, so it might be worth considering whether to fix part or all of your home loan.

Looking at the numbers

According to data from the Reserve Bank of Australia, average interest rates on variable home loans were 9.45 per cent in April, well up on 8.55 per cent in December.

Variable home loans rates sat well above the average rate on three-year fixed home loans of 8.95 per cent, according to RBA data.

That means you'd be paying less now on a three-year fixed loan than on a standard variable home loan.

A quick look at interest rates on five-year fixed loans also reveals interest rates of 9.10 per cent or less from the big banks, well below standard variable rates.

Be aware of some costs

But you also need to be aware that it may be very expensive to exit a fixed loan so ask about any costs.

In addition, banks usually limit extra repayments on fixed loans, which could otherwise help you to reduce interest costs, and fixed mortgages may also limit or attract high rates for redrawing.

Most fixed loans don’t have offset facilities, which are common on variable loans and allow you to cut interest costs substantially by allowing the balance in your savings account to offset your home-loan balance, thereby cutting interest charges.

If you do want the security of fixing your loan, but don't want to take the risk that rates will fall, then splitting your loan into fixed and variable portions could be a good idea. That way, you can balance your risks and get some certainty into your home-loan repayments.

Source: news.com.au
Date: 03/06/2008
MLD

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Citi in its latest research note said following higher inflationary pressures from the recent fuel hike and the revision in power tariffs, it foresaw a possible 25-basis point hike in the overnight policy rate (OPR) by Bank Negara at the July 25 monetary policy meeting. Post OPR hike, Citi expected the industry loans growth to moderate to 9% in the second half, down from 10% currently. "

Source: The Star Online
ys126

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MLD wrote:
"Citi in its latest research note said following higher inflationary pressures from the recent fuel hike and the revision in power tariffs, it foresaw a possible 25-basis point hike in the overnight policy rate (OPR) by Bank Negara at the July 25 monetary policy meeting. Post OPR hike, Citi expected the industry loans growth to moderate to 9% in the second half, down from 10% currently. "

Source: [url=..biz.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2008/6/13/business/21523547&sec=business]The Star Online[/url]

MLD, what you want to tell us from this? Rolling Eyes
MLD

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear ys126,

Isn't it obvious? I'm telling everyone to apply for AIA's Fixed Rate Home Loan right now before its too late! Smile

The statement by Citi Group simply means they are forecasting a 25 basis point hike in OPR, which means a possibility of BLR hike of 0.25% this coming July 25th.

Here's another financial institution giving us their insight:

"The Central bank has ruled out any chance of an intra-meeting rate hike, preferring to wait and see the initial impact before the July 25 policy meeting. We believe Bank Negara will be compelled to hike the policy rate by 50 basis point at that meeting, and follow up with two more hikes at (25 basis points each) in the subsequent meetings."

Source: Deutsche Bank AG/Hong Kong Asia Local Markets report dated 13th June 2008.

The statement by DB says its not just gonna be 25 bps but 50 bps followed by 2 more hikes of 25 bps subsequently. Which translate into a possible 1% BLR hike by end of the year.

A home loan is the one single largest debt one should own in their lifetime, would you choose to ignore it? or do something about it?

Drop me an email if you would wanna know how a 1% increase in BLR effect your total loan repayments and I'd be more than willing to show you.

Thanks. Best Regards.
ys126

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MLD, not to argue or what, but just want to let people know that one of the factor the Bank Negara increase the BLR is to control the inflation rate. Once the economy is stable, (inflation not drastic), then the BLR might reduce.
Let say if BLR increase 1%, (so is 7.75%), with the package BLR-2%, is just only 5.75%. So just let the consumer to choose on their own wishes! Wink
zearcher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inflation will certainly impact the overall economy growth. however, current situation that we are facing is due to cost increased, which means a consumer has less purchasing power now. what will a smart government or bank negera do to combat this inflation in order to sustain positive economy growth? isn't that by raising interest rate will further burden consumers? if this is a case, won't it slowly "guided" our economy to recession? will it be possible for government and bank negara to maintain or reduce the current BLR of 6.75%? so that consumers have "more" money to spend? what is your view?

Last edited by zearcher on Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total
zearcher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ys126 wrote:
MLD, not to argue or what, but just want to let people know that one of the factor the Bank Negara increase the BLR is to control the inflation rate. Once the economy is stable, (inflation not drastic), then the BLR might reduce.
Let say if BLR increase 1%, (so is 7.75%), with the package BLR-2%, is just only 5.75%. So just let the consumer to choose on their own wishes! Wink

as far as i know, generally there are two type of inflation, either due to cost increase or demand greater than supply. to my knowledge, it is not a bad thing for bnm to increase blr in the situation when demand greater than supply. but is this what we are facing today? i am afraid not. on the other hand, what we are actually facing now is the inflation due to cost increased, which i believe bnm will not make any drastic move to increase blr... even if it's increased, will be the gradual 0.25% manner.

i cant predict the future, but some how, i got the funny feeling that blr will not increase by 2 or more percentage within the next 10 years!! nevertheless, i am not here to encourage property buyers to get floating blr loan. it's best for you to choose the right type of loan that best fit your needs, affordability, and life style.
MLD

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your views.

Dear ys126,

Exactly what I'm trying to imply, why would you want to gamble on one of the single largest debt you own in your lifetime?

I'm just giving them the insights of what the international banks are predicting. If the banks are predicting BLR might reduce after that, then I'll show it to them as well.

Just giving fellow homeowners the actual facts to make the right decision.

One thing I find interesting is that banks has the right to vary both the BLR and the spread at any one time. Whose to say they won't change the spread to +1? If you're saying they won't, then why put in the contract in the first place? Its very unfair from a consumer point of view.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear zearcher,

I'm not a economic expert hence, I can't tell or predict how the interest rates would be in the future.

I'm only here to provide information and insights to what's going to happen based on the reports by the experts, the bankers themselves.

With the current government facing pressure and changes, I'd say anything might happen.

Don't gamble it.

If its just 10% of your disposable income, by all means go ahead. But a home constitutes averagely almost 30-50% of a person's income. Any slight changes and you might implode financially, meaning you'll go into debt even before accounting the external factors of inflation.

The choice is always in the consumer's hand.

Thanks. Best Regards.
MLD

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:03 pm    Post subject: 27th June 2008 Update! Reply with quote

Dear All,

IMPORTANT MESSAGE!

The allocated funds offered in our current packages have now been fully utilized.

The good news is you have 2 MORE WEEKS to lock in at these incredibly attractive rates. This is the absolute last window of opportunity!

Check out the first post for further info on the rates revision starting July 14th.

Thanks. Best Regards.

zearcher

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mld,

perhaps this is a good news to you...

i heard a rumour from a bank officer that the interest rate is expected to increase 1% by year end????? can't believe it, i got it from a bank officer whose bank offers floating home loan instead of fixed rate!!!!! but when "challenge" him for more reasoning, he couldn't explain... purely hear-say.

have you guys come across such rumors? what do you guys think?
expired

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope, logical analysis, BLR will be adjusted by 0.25-0.50% 1st to ease the inflation , BNM hav meeting every now n then, so if the increment is not enuf to stop the inflation, they will adjust again , tht might be few months down the road. safe to say: worst scenario, 1% by end of the year.

BLR need to be at 8% (BLR-2.2%) to break even with AIA 5.8% fixed rate. so there is a margin of 1.25% here.
MLD

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear All,

3 more days left until the rates are revised. Don't miss out, apply within this week and you'll still be able to get the lower rates even if the approval or decision comes later on.

Regards.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Property Financing All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: