Warning: array_merge(): Argument #1 is not an array in /home/realestatenet/public_html/forum/archive/index.php on line 76
Malaysia Real Estate :: View topic - all gated community's landed property is strata-titled?

HOME  -    PROPERTY ADS   -   DISCUSSION FORUM   -   REALTORS   -   LINKS    -   CONTACT US

Realtors and Real Estate Agents - Sign Up for Free Account at Property.net.my >>

Malaysia Real Estate
Malaysia Real Estate Portal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

all gated community's landed property is strata-titled?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Property Investment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
john123

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:20 pm    Post subject: all gated community's landed property is strata-titled? Reply with quote

is the above statement true? i thot that landed property can never be strata-titled.
________
how to roll a blunt

Last edited by john123 on Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Y2K

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, not all gated community's landed property is strata-titled. but yes, landed property can be strata titled.

Read an article about this some time back... But cannot remember where already... there was something about the roads and facilities belonging to (and maintained by?) the owners rather than public property....

Anyone can recall that article?
winter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard something like that b4..when landed property are strta titled,you got to pay maintainance fees and part of this money will go to your own rd maintainance.
nick1994

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

....once strata......u r sharing sum common facilities........so, i believe yes, u will have 2 cough out the dough............2 maintain whatever the facilities mayb.....
winter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yah..altough you have to pay for it..but the roads within your estate is probably going to be better than the rd outside Smile
k0be

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

check this out!!! ur confusion will be clear

.://..theedgedaily.com/cms/content.jsp?id=com.tms.cms.article.Article_f44819b8-cb73c03a-10980e70-3e0d7e7f
winter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks..thats very informative Smile
Y2K

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes k0be, That's the article I was refering to... Thanks...
winter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strata title gated community..many yrs down the road,they can do collective en bloc sale..pretty common in Singapore already. Smile
hm

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

winter wrote:
Strata title gated community..many yrs down the road,they can do collective en bloc sale..pretty common in Singapore already. Smile

winter,

I would be grateful if you could eleborate on your views pertaining to "en bloc sales.........Singapore..............".
Y2K

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

en-bloc sales is when private property owners jointly sell the whole condo to a developer. Typically for older properties and I think must be strata-titled like condos or apartments. The developer will then build a new condo at the site of the existing condo.

The owners typically will get more for their units compared to if they were to sell it in the open market. At one point during the boom years, some owners managed to get double of what their individual unit could have sold for. Now, not so much, but still make more than selling individually. Under Singapore law, you do not need consent from all 100% of the owners, I think 85% will suffice to vote for en-bloc sale.
winter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much Y2K..

I add in a bit more..usually these developments are old,so you can expect the surrounding areas to be well developed with all the necessary infrastructure.

These owners can fetch a higher price becoz developers who intend to buy it for their new projects..this is esp. so if the govt revise their plot ratio upwards..that is they can built higher than before on that piece of land.
Y2K

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no prob winter, juz sharing what i know.

hmm... sidetracking from the main topic... Anyone know if there is a similar en-bloc sales law in Malaysia?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Property Investment All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: