Warning: array_merge(): Argument #1 is not an array in /home/realestatenet/public_html/forum/archive/index.php on line 76
Malaysia Real Estate :: View topic - AIA Asia Platinum Fund

HOME  -    PROPERTY ADS   -   DISCUSSION FORUM   -   REALTORS   -   LINKS    -   CONTACT US

Realtors and Real Estate Agents - Sign Up for Free Account at Property.net.my >>

Malaysia Real Estate
Malaysia Real Estate Portal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AIA Asia Platinum Fund

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Mutual Funds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
junn yun

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:35 am    Post subject: AIA Asia Platinum Fund Reply with quote

just something that i wanna share, AIA’s first full-fledged foreign equity investment-linked fund, Asia Platinum Fund (PF) will be available from April 24, 2006 onwards.

the Investment Objective of Asia Platinum Fund (PF) is to provide long-term capital growth by investing in equity and equity related securities of companies in three regional markets, i.e. Greater China, India and Japan. (it's 100% invested in foriegn market)

the Investment strategy of PF is to invested into the following AIG-managed funds:

a. AIG Greater China Equity Fund
b. AIG India Equity Fund
c. AIG Japan New Horizon Fund

(AIA fund managers would actively manage the percentage of holdings for each of these three funds from time to time. This Fund will also invest in Global Emerging Markets' securities from time to time as a buffer against adverse investment climate in any of these three regional markets.)

policyholders who buy a new single premium investment-linked policy or top-up on their existing single premium investment-linked policy with a minimum premium amount of RM 25,000 on the same policy will be given a one time bonus allocation units of 1% on top of the initial single premium / top-up investment. ( pls take note that this bonus will not be available after the RM30 million quota is reached.)

if anyone of you interested pls feel free to contact me junn_yun@yahoo.co.uk i'll let you know about the past performances of these fund. =)
gavinykw

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking of buying into this fund.
Will need to invest for my kids education in 14 years time.

What is the difference if I invest directly into a Unit trust rather than going thru investment linked funds.
Insurance is at the back of my mind now.

I want to sent him to UK for medical studies. What do you suggest??
junaidia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you invest directly in Unit Trust there will be one time fee service charge for loaded fund which is around 6.5% and yearly charge around 1.5% per year but no insurance covered should something happen to you or to your child. There are some funds which give you insurance free (equals to the amount of unit that you own).

But if you invest in investment link product, should something happen to you or yourself there will be some compensation. But there will be charge imposed yearly. Meaning that the charges for investment link product is larger than the charge imposed on unit trust product.

At the end of the day, its up to you to choose, whether you are the kind of person who conservative or agressive.

Junaidi
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Mutual Funds All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: