Warning: array_merge(): Argument #1 is not an array in /home/realestatenet/public_html/forum/archive/index.php on line 76
Malaysia Real Estate :: View topic - Advice needed for Condo Investment RM350K and below

HOME  -    PROPERTY ADS   -   DISCUSSION FORUM   -   REALTORS   -   LINKS    -   CONTACT US

Realtors and Real Estate Agents - Sign Up for Free Account at Property.net.my >>

Malaysia Real Estate
Malaysia Real Estate Portal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Advice needed for Condo Investment RM350K and below
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Property Investment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
charlieboy61

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:48 pm    Post subject: Advice needed for Condo Investment RM350K and below Reply with quote

Hello all

I am looking to invest in a Condo with the following criteria

Price- RM35K and below, RM350 psf and below
Return - Rental return of 8%
Title - Residential only. Not interested in service aprtment. Perferably freehold
Can be new property or not more 5 years if old property

Would very much appreciate all your advice. Those who had bought property and would like to let go at cost or slightly above cost can pm me with the details of the property
Thank you
yippi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Advice needed for Condo Investment RM350K and below Reply with quote

charlieboy61 wrote:
Hello all

Title - Residential only. Not interested in service aprtment. Perferably freehold

Would very much appreciate all your advice. Those who had bought property and would like to let go at cost or slightly above cost can pm me with the details of the property
Thank you

U may try to visit Atmosphera Kondominium. it has 2 blocks in total. It has been formal launching in about a month time. Block 1 has sold 70% i think. Block 2 has about 50% i think. It locate at the highest ground in bandar puchong jaya where it have a very good view and easy access as well. A lot of facilities and very green and bali environments. The best is see yourself as everyone has their own preferences.
eugene jk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Advice needed for Condo Investment RM350K and below Reply with quote

yippi wrote:
charlieboy61 wrote:
Hello all

Thank you

U may try to visit Atmosphera Kondominium. it has 2 blocks in total. It has been formal launching in about a month time. Block 1 has sold 70% i think. Block 2 has about 50% i think. It locate at the highest ground in bandar puchong jaya where it have a very good view and easy access as well. A lot of facilities and very green and bali environments. The best is see yourself as everyone has their own preferences.

Hi yippi,

Do you think Atmosfera can give 8% ROI per annum? what is your projected rental for this project against the rental rate around puchong area? Wink
charlieboy61

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the properties that have caught my attention is Titiwangsa Sentral which is located next to Vistana Hotel. Its near to the Titiwangsa LRT and KTM Komuter.

What do you all think?
eugene jk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

charlieboy61 wrote:
One of the properties that have caught my attention is Titiwangsa Sentral which is located next to Vistana Hotel. Its near to the Titiwangsa LRT and KTM Komuter.

What do you all think?

You might find some info here:

..realestate.net.my/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22602

.://.../viewtopic.php?t=8349

..forum.lowyat.net/topic/1033876

Threads are kinna lengthy.. better be quick.. the last time i heard not much units left... some investors 1 person sapu 50 units Shocked
eijilee

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:29 am    Post subject: Re: Advice needed for Condo Investment RM350K and below Reply with quote

eugene jk wrote:
yippi wrote:
charlieboy61 wrote:
Hello all

Thank you

Hi yippi,

Do you think Atmosfera can give 8% ROI per annum? what is your projected rental for this project against the rental rate around puchong area? Wink

Lets take type B, 1282 sqft as example:
Property Value = RM 320,000
MOF = 90%
Monthly Instalment = RM1269.25 (BLR - 2.2, 30 years loan repayment)
Maintainance = 1282 sqft x RM0.18 = RM230.76
Sinking Fund = RM225.9 x 10% = RM23.08

Monthly Instalment + Maintainance + Sinking Fund = RM1523.09
Rental of Return = 8%
Required Rental = RM1650

Villamas Apartment (beside Atmosfera) rental = RM1000 for 1000 sqft
Expected rental for Atmosfera type B @ year 2009 = RM1000 x 1282 sqft/1000 sqft = RM1282

Expected rental for Atmosfera type B @ 2012?????? I will think it is just enuough to pay for the monthly instalment + maintainance + sinking fund....
charlieboy61

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: Advice needed for Condo Investment RM350K and below Reply with quote

eijilee wrote:
eugene jk wrote:
yippi wrote:
charlieboy61 wrote:
Hello all

Thank you

Hi yippi,

MOF = 90%

Rental of Return = 8%
Required Rental = RM1650

Expected rental for Atmosfera type B @ year 2009 = RM1000 x 1282 sqft/1000 sqft = RM1282

Expected rental for Atmosfera type B @ 2012?????? I will think it is just enuough to pay for the monthly instalment + maintainance + sinking fund....

Thanks for the analysis. I just called up and found that Titiwangsa Sentral has been fully sold. Crying or Very sad

Any other hot hot hot projects that I should consider?
yippi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: Advice needed for Condo Investment RM350K and below Reply with quote

eijilee wrote:
eugene jk wrote:
yippi wrote:
charlieboy61 wrote:
Hello all

Thank you

Hi yippi,

MOF = 90%

Rental of Return = 8%
Required Rental = RM1650

8% rental of return which i not guarantee as well. However, i think it the above analysis is not apple to apple comparison. It is typical apartment vs condominium with lots of facilities. I project it should be higher as nowadays people are looking for this kind of concept.
eugene jk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Advice needed for Condo Investment RM350K and below Reply with quote

yippi wrote:
eijilee wrote:
eugene jk wrote:
yippi wrote:
charlieboy61 wrote:
Hello all

Thank you

Hi yippi,

MOF = 90%

Rental of Return = 8%
Required Rental = RM1650

8% rental of return which i not guarantee as well. However, i think it the above analysis is not apple to apple comparison. It is typical apartment vs condominium with lots of facilities. I project it should be higher as nowadays people are looking for this kind of concept.

To calculate ROI, you dun hav to put in loan as consideration.. use COCR if you wan to calculate how much cash flow if you wanna take loan..

Hi yippi,

in order to get 8% ROI with a RM320k prop, your annual ROI will be RM320k * 8% = RM25,600

with conservative calculated maintanence fee + sinking fund, that will be RM200 x 12 = RM2400 per annum

Estimated Assessment RM 400 per annum

Annual rental will be RM 25,600 +RM 2400+RM 400 = RM28400
That will be RM28400/12 = RM2366.67 per month. Let just round up to RM2400 per month.

Bare in mind that we havent put in furniture expenditure and you are renting out a 1282sqft bare unit for RM2400 in Puchong..

just my 2 cents, Good luck Wink
sarah_9

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Buying condos is quite good idea, you can get from local property management service provider of your area, they can help you in finding a condos suiting your requirement.

Regards,
sarah_9

Maryland Properties
eijilee

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:21 am    Post subject: Re: Advice needed for Condo Investment RM350K and below Reply with quote

yippi wrote:
eijilee wrote:
eugene jk wrote:
yippi wrote:
charlieboy61 wrote:
Hello all

Thank you

Hi yippi,

MOF = 90%

Rental of Return = 8%
Required Rental = RM1650

Yes, i admit this is apple to oren comparison. Just give some guideline only. I am not sure what is the expected rental for Atmosfera @ 2012... Well, you can ask KIM, see how much they will tell you... in case you are interested.

Do you think RM1650 rental is too high for a property in Puchong area? I believe i am managed to rent a landed property in Puchong with rental less than RM1000...
charlieboy61

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:07 am    Post subject: Re: Advice needed for Condo Investment RM350K and below Reply with quote

charlieboy61 wrote:
Hello all

Thank you

To all the sifu and taiko here

Do you all have any sugestions on which property that I can look at which fulfills the above requirements esp being located near to LRT station

Thanks
Pai

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 things here :

1. There's no condo available in KL for 35k Confused

2. Most of the new apartments/condo's in KV that is near LRT now are service apartments.
cheeliew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

U might wanna check out the condos in Bukit Jalil. It's very near to downtown. U can use the Putrajaya highway which will take u probably like 15 minutes to reach KL (provided there is no traffic jam)
eugene jk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheeliew wrote:
Hi

U might wanna check out the condos in Bukit Jalil. It's very near to downtown. U can use the Putrajaya highway which will take u probably like 15 minutes to reach KL (provided there is no traffic jam)

Bukit Jalil condos selling price are rocket high nowadays. Those existing condos nearer to LRT ones going around RM200k and above. Rental price not high.. RM1k-1.2k for unfurnish units.. ROI below 6%..

Those who bought during developer price are enjoying between 6-10% ROI in bkt jalil...
yippi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Advice needed for Condo Investment RM350K and below Reply with quote

eijilee wrote:
yippi wrote:
eijilee wrote:
eugene jk wrote:
yippi wrote:
charlieboy61 wrote:
Hello all

Thank you

Hi yippi,

MOF = 90%

Rental of Return = 8%
Required Rental = RM1650

Yes, i admit this is apple to oren comparison. Just give some guideline only. I am not sure what is the expected rental for Atmosfera @ 2012... Well, you can ask KIM, see how much they will tell you... in case you are interested.

Do you think RM1650 rental is too high for a property in Puchong area? I believe i am managed to rent a landed property in Puchong with rental less than RM1000...

I agree that rental in Puchong area are not high. What about the capital appreciation gain in few years time?
eijilee

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capital appreciation for landed property is definately better than condo in long term. Condo value will drop due to maintenance issues...

Don't how much capital appreciation for Atmosfera will do after 3 years. I am not dare to say anything about this...

But definately there will be some appreciation due to
a) inflation
b) price adjustment by developer (i.e. Block 2 launched 10k expansive than Block 1, open those hold units from developer). KIM told me that there will be minimum 3 times price adjustment for Atmosfera.
c) LRT at Puchong??
charlieboy61

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pai wrote:
2 things here :

1. There's no condo available in KL for 35k Confused

2. Most of the new apartments/condo's in KV that is near LRT now are service apartments.

I guess that you can't have it all. if its near LRT and the price is 350K and below, I wouldn't mind it being serviced apartments
yippi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eijilee wrote:
Capital appreciation for landed property is definately better than condo in long term. Condo value will drop due to maintenance issues...

Don't how much capital appreciation for Atmosfera will do after 3 years. I am not dare to say anything about this...

a) inflation
b) price adjustment by developer (i.e. Block 2 launched 10k expansive than Block 1, open those hold units from developer). KIM told me that there will be minimum 3 times price adjustment for Atmosfera.
c) LRT at Puchong??

I agree that too. Some rumours about LRT will be passing nearby atmosphera and link to sungai way area... Not sure how true is it. Hopefully it will be happen in future.

Since we have to cross the overhead bridge on kesas highway to atmosphera, why not some developers propose to build acess road directly to kesas highway. This will help them to sell thier apartment and condo launching. It really will help to boom further the property price in this area as well. :p Dreaming...
redneck

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if u r looking for a condo <RM350k, with LRT nearby, with high yield, then, sorry bro...susah mau dapat! But u can try to trace along the LRT tracks in Google Maps then u might find the most suitable condo, hehehe... Laughing

If u up the asking price a bit, you can try Seri Maya condo...definitely good yield, expect expats as tenants due to its proximity to KL City Centre as well as fronting an LRT station. But only problem is price lah, abt >RM450K...
eijilee

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yippi wrote:
eijilee wrote:

a) inflation
c) LRT at Puchong??

I agree that too. Some rumours about LRT will be passing nearby atmosphera and link to sungai way area... Not sure how true is it. Hopefully it will be happen in future.

Since we have to cross the overhead bridge on kesas highway to atmosphera, why not some developers propose to build acess road directly to kesas highway. This will help them to sell thier apartment and condo launching. It really will help to boom further the property price in this area as well. :p Dreaming...

A LRT station is proposed at Bandar Puchong Jaya. The station will be somewhere between Jalan Puchong and Kesas... from IOI and USJ

Link to Sungai Way area??? I don't think so...
ysmn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually a new Puchong-Gombak LRT line goes to Pusat Bandar Puchong. The route is PBP-Awan Besar-Desa Seputeh-DBP-Kg Baru-National Lbrary-UIA Gombak, with a few more stations in between. There is a possibility that this line has a station near Atmosfera, but I can't say for sure.

The Petaling line will be extended and loop back to Sentul timur.Called the Petaling Damansara Extension, the route is Petaling-Awan Besar-PJ Old Town-Tmn Jaya-Damansara Intan-One Utama-Kepong Central-Batu Cantonment-Sentul Timur.
Pai

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ysmn wrote:
Actually a new Puchong-Gombak LRT line goes to Pusat Bandar Puchong. The route is PBP-Awan Besar-Desa Seputeh-DBP-Kg Baru-National Lbrary-UIA Gombak, with a few more stations in between. There is a possibility that this line has a station near Atmosfera, but I can't say for sure.

The Petaling line will be extended and loop back to Sentul timur.Called the Petaling Damansara Extension, the route is Petaling-Awan Besar-PJ Old Town-Tmn Jaya-Damansara Intan-One Utama-Kepong Central-Batu Cantonment-Sentul Timur.

chief, tot' u r on a 2 year leave?

btw, can you confirm the source of the info above? Smile
ysmn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bro pai, i'm on 2 year leave from thoughts and opinions. So i have no thoughts or opinions for next 2 years. My source is confidential.
Pai

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ysmn wrote:
bro pai, i'm on 2 year leave from thoughts and opinions. So i have no thoughts or opinions for next 2 years. My source is confidential.
i for one sure hoped that the LRT expansion u predicted is right Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Property Investment All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: