Warning: array_merge(): Argument #1 is not an array in /home/realestatenet/public_html/forum/archive/index.php on line 76
Malaysia Real Estate :: View topic - 18 Aman Sari, Puchong

HOME  -    PROPERTY ADS   -   DISCUSSION FORUM   -   REALTORS   -   LINKS    -   CONTACT US

Realtors and Real Estate Agents - Sign Up for Free Account at Property.net.my >>

Malaysia Real Estate
Malaysia Real Estate Portal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

18 Aman Sari, Puchong
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Property Investment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TwinkleToes

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pluto, you say you bought your house last month. How much did you pay for it? More than 800K or less?
Zinger

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TwinkleToes wrote:
Can we take a vote on which jalan is the nicest jalan? I personally like 18A because its bigger and there is access to the gazebo and got good view of KL.

I am also very unhappy about the way my defects are handled and couldn't agree more on the comments on this forum.

2 cars can't park side by side is for sure. And because they blaff me I am going to demolish the dustbin place and make my gate bigger. I am alos not happy that I chose house without retaining wall. Now I have to builrt 2 walls for my water feature.

Did you see the renovation on 18C? The owner of the semi-D gone completely nuts or what?

My major defects include ponding and bad tiling on walls. So far the rectification works has only made it worse. They want us to cry or what? What they can do is use a malaysian contractor for a change instead of goign through indonesians. They keep making the same mistake!!!

Lastly what are you all going to do about the kitchen?

Strange!! Confused Your tone has changed Rolling Eyes You must be having the same problems like the rest of us. SDB quality is not as what they preach. What a shame. I am really frustrated on the progress and I am going to employ my own contractor to rectify and send them the bill. Evil or Very Mad
pluto77

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TwinkleToes wrote:
Pluto, you say you bought your house last month. How much did you pay for it? More than 800K or less?

For less than 800K. Mine is at Jalan 18A. Like the rest I do expect some defaults and fixes as per my initial inspection. I'll see how things go with their fixes before I move in with my own reno.

As for the dry kitchen, like yourself, I still can't figure out how it can be done up. Am thinking of an extension to the patio.

By the way, how much did you guys pay for the sinking fund/deposit?
TwinkleToes

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is strange. I thought the developers raised the prices 20K + 20K and people are still buying? How much was yours and how much did they increase?

Also, why did you choose 18A over 18D? I’m sure 18D units were still available then. Feng Shui to face south this period 8?
smsshu

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Zinger"][quote="TwinkleToes"]I am also very unhappy about the way my defects are handled and couldn't agree more on the comments on this forum.

My major defects include ponding and bad tiling on walls. So far the rectification works has only made it worse. They want us to cry or what? What they can do is use a malaysian contractor for a change instead of goign through indonesians. They keep making the same mistake!!!

Lastly what are you all going to do about the kitchen?[/quote]

Strange!! Confused Your tone has changed Rolling Eyes You must be having the same problems like the rest of us. SDB quality is not as what they preach. What a shame. I am really frustrated on the progress and I am going to employ my own contractor to rectify and send them the bill. Evil or Very Mad[/quote]

I hope none of us had a major defect requiring a massive fix although weeks after submitting the defect list I found termites in the guest room. My hunch is, a flying queen-to-be strayed in from under the door or open window considering my unit is next to the perimeter wall and SDB have treated the structure and soil before this. Luckily it is still contained to the room but my plan to move in by year end looks bleak. Can't rush killing termites can we? Confused
smsshu

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Zinger"][quote="TwinkleToes"]I am also very unhappy about the way my defects are handled and couldn't agree more on the comments on this forum.

Strange!! Confused Your tone has changed Rolling Eyes You must be having the same problems like the rest of us. SDB quality is not as what they preach. What a shame. I am really frustrated on the progress and I am going to employ my own contractor to rectify and send them the bill. Evil or Very Mad[/quote]

I hope none of us had a major defect requiring a massive fix although weeks after submitting the defect list I found termites in the guest room. My hunch is, a flying queen-to-be strayed in from under the door or open window considering my unit is next to the perimeter wall and SDB have treated the structure and soil before this. Luckily it is still contained to the room but my plan to move in by year end looks bleak. Can't rush killing termites can we? Confused
w128

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was quoted RM800k for 2 units on Jalan 18A which the back is facing Jalan Puchong, and RM820k for the 1 facing water tank and another 1 at the end of Jalan 18D. I'm still thinking whether to pay the deposit mainly because it is a leasehold property...However these are all supposedly bumi lots as mentioned by momolacha but I wasn't informed by the sales staff then. Maybe they will tell me the truth if I tell them I want to pay the deposit?
TwinkleToes

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

w128 wrote:
I was quoted RM800k for 2 units on Jalan 18A which the back is facing Jalan Puchong, and RM820k for the 1 facing water tank and another 1 at the end of Jalan 18D. I'm still thinking whether to pay the deposit mainly because it is a leasehold property...However these are all supposedly bumi lots as mentioned by momolacha but I wasn't informed by the sales staff then. Maybe they will tell me the truth if I tell them I want to pay the deposit?

Do you think there will be any developments behind 18D. My only concern about 18D is that someone may write off the school and build a high class AmanSari II apartment there. After all, it is leasehold land!!!

I think you would be better off buying second hand along the more high class streets of 18B and 18C. Some good second hand buys are going for RM840K onwards!!! Quite a steal considering the developer units may not be so hot and have been raised by RM40K from the original price!
TwinkleToes

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smsshu wrote:
Zinger wrote:
TwinkleToes wrote:
I am also very unhappy about the way my defects are handled and couldn't agree more on the comments on this forum.

Strange!! Confused Your tone has changed Rolling Eyes You must be having the same problems like the rest of us. SDB quality is not as what they preach. What a shame. I am really frustrated on the progress and I am going to employ my own contractor to rectify and send them the bill. Evil or Very Mad

Is yours the long house smsshu? Nice. Incidentally – how does one find termites?
TwinkleToes

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zinger wrote:
TwinkleToes wrote:
Can we take a vote on which jalan is the nicest jalan? I personally like 18A because its bigger and there is access to the gazebo and got good view of KL.

2 cars can't park side by side is for sure. And because they blaff me I am going to demolish the dustbin place and make my gate bigger. I am alos not happy that I chose house without retaining wall. Now I have to builrt 2 walls for my water feature.

Did you see the renovation on 18C? The owner of the semi-D gone completely nuts or what?

I have matured tremendously since identifying my defects. The facts that I have paid millions for broken down houses has had a sobering effect on me.

Btw, I wonder where the raintree guy is. Has he gone to our jungles to uproot another innocent tree?
pluto77

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TwinkleToes wrote:
smsshu wrote:
Zinger wrote:
TwinkleToes wrote:

Is yours the long house smsshu? Nice. Incidentally – how does one find termites?

Yeah smsshu, how did you find out termites? Isn't termites treatment already done by SDB. If found, should it be responsibility of SDB to give it another treatment.
In that case, I think it'll be better to hire our own ppl to perform a termite treatment (one more round) before moving in.
smsshu

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="TwinkleToes"][quote="smsshu"][quote="Zinger"][quote="TwinkleToes"]I am also very unhappy about the way my defects are handled and couldn't agree more on the comments on this forum.

I hope none of us had a major defect requiring a massive fix although weeks after submitting the defect list I found termites in the guest room. My hunch is, a flying queen-to-be strayed in from under the door or open window considering my unit is next to the perimeter wall and SDB have treated the structure and soil before this. Luckily it is still contained to the room but my plan to move in by year end looks bleak. Can't rush killing termites can we? Confused[/quote]

Is yours the long house smsshu? Nice. Incidentally – how does one find termites?[/quote]

I spotted a 10-inch trail on the wall which wasn't there before. They were eating up the floor wooden skirting. Suddenly all the defects I found meant nothing Sad
TwinkleToes

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its ok smsshu. It costs only about RM800 to do a termite treatment that lasts for years. I suggest you take this up with SDB and get them to pay for the treatment as obviously it wasn’t done well enough! The excuse that the termite came from an adjoining land doesn’t hold water. I don’t care if my termite came from Ipoh – the underlying promise is, the houses in Aman Sari would be termite free!!!
smsshu

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pluto77,
Any developer's anti-termite treatment can only protect properties and its surrounding from subterranean termite (ground termites). They inject the foundation base and the earth with the termite poison. But I doubt the interior. So, residents with perimeter wall, just go check yours.

Anyway, SDB has already fumigated indoors and treat the outdoors again and monitoring for any activity. I will have to fumigate again once the renovation work is done (which I can't start yet)
raystar

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see that many are begining to take the defects and the substandard windows seriously. From the forum I can see there isn't anyone making calls directly to the management expressing our disatisfactions and I think all of you house owners should make calls to the idiotic Ho and the Gm Choy and hear for yourself their replies before we ourselves just blabling our opinions here which carries no grounds and speculating conclusions.
Lynn

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right as always Raystar. That is exactly what crossed my mind. Please pm me your email addresses and I will do up a letter for all of us to sign and give in. So far, the only design defect listed is the windows. Anything else that I should add in the standard letter?
pluto77

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lynn wrote:
You are right as always Raystar. That is exactly what crossed my mind. Please pm me your email addresses and I will do up a letter for all of us to sign and give in. So far, the only design defect listed is the windows. Anything else that I should add in the standard letter?

I think the termites issue raised by smsshu needs to be included too. It sounds serious.
TwinkleToes

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pluto77 wrote:
Lynn wrote:

I think the termites issue raised by smsshu needs to be included too. It sounds serious.

You people come from Tanjung Rambutan or what? That silly Lynn who has no sense of responsibility whatsoever is now trying to show he is responsible. Nevertheless … to all you fools out there … Lynn was talking about design fault. So just stick to design fault. Is it SDB’s fault if the termites find your wood tastier and flies over for a feast? What if a tiger flies out of the forest and eats you up? You gonna blame SDB too? Oh no, I just thought of it … do you think there are snakes in the forest?
smsshu

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already took action to get SDB attention on the termites. While I do not think it is entirely their fault (although properly sealing vacant properties is), I did ask them, in a letter, to provide me with the warranty periods over all the treatments done, including the name of the pest control company they engaged. To date, their main contractor and pest control rep has met up with me in my toxic-fumed house to explain on the remedial work done and advise on the next steps to take.

Termite issues isn't new. I seem to be dealing with them wherever I live.
TwinkleToes

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe YOU'RE the queen of termites!!! Laughing
TwinkleToes

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you know that the lighting pole is bad feng shui? TwinkleToes gets ready with his kacang to see properties with lighting poles in front with big FOR SALE sign.
kit_uxbridging

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm this causes major concerns about SDB's reputation. I'm currently looking at their new 20trees apartments and looks like the finishing is not what it is expected of them? Also, this mr HO (what a silly HO), is he really that rude? I mean so far the customer service offered by SDB has been tremendous, but if the after sales service deteriorates, that causes headache too as I, too, fell in love with 20 trees design.
smsshu

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="kit_uxbridging"]Hmmm this causes major concerns about SDB's reputation. I'm currently looking at their new 20trees apartments and looks like the finishing is not what it is expected of them? Also, this mr HO (what a silly HO), is he really that rude? I mean so far the customer service offered by SDB has been tremendous, but if the after sales service deteriorates, that causes headache too as I, too, fell in love with 20 trees design.[/quote]

Opinions on finishings are subjective. Perhaps it is best to check finishings on other recently-completed high-end properties by other developers for comparison before you decide.
blue.sky

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TwinkleToes wrote:
Do you know that the lighting pole is bad feng shui? TwinkleToes gets ready with his kacang to see properties with lighting poles in front with big FOR SALE sign.

TwinkleToes,

Why lighting pole in front the house is bad feng shui?I think lighting pole in front of house is kind of common. Confused
TwinkleToes

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blue.sky wrote:
TwinkleToes wrote:

TwinkleToes,

Why lighting pole in front the house is bad feng shui?I think lighting pole in front of house is kind of common. Confused

Your head lah. If you don’t know that much, better you go and gonstan balik from where you came from.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Property Investment All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 14 of 19

Jump to: